When Facebook Home was made available for download at Google Play, we though we could finally see what all the hype was about. Some of us proceeded to Google play and searched Facebook Home only to find that our device was not compatible for this “almighty” app. A little more research revealed that this app was currently exclusive only for selected devices- HTC One, One X, One X +, Samsung Galaxy Note 2, S3 and S4.
Don’t you worry now; your eagerness will not go to waste because XDA developers are always there to help you with these types of stuff. One of the members of XDA developers, theos0o , has come up with procedures to install Facebook Home on any Android device- rooted or unrooted. Now, go ahead and follow these steps to make your smartphone a little annoying and weird (sorry Facebook but your app kinda sucks) :
- Download the following files
- fborca242.apk (Messenger app)
- Extract the .rar file.
- Install com.facebook.katana.apk (FB app), then com.facebook.home.apk (Home app).
- Install fborca242.apk
- Open Facebook app settings and enable Facebook home
- There you go. Now your Android is Facebook.
Note: If your device is stuck on boot if you are getting some error, reboot into recovery and wipe dalvik cache.
Warning: Facebook home’s average ratings in Google Play plummeted to 2.3 from last week’s 2.4. Almost 50% users rated it 1 star and only 15% gave it a 5 star rating.
Now, you’ve seen everything, follow this simple step to quickly uninstall Facebook Home (or disinfect your device, as phrased by many tech bloggers) and get your awesome Android back (beliebers and directioners please ignore this):
- Click this awesome link from Facebook on how to turn off or uninstall Facebook home. (I bet this link is getting loads of clicks).
Me do not want facebook home.