Android and Mac are two popular platforms that, unfortunately, do not go well together. I’ve seen people having problem copying files from Android to Mac. Google’s Android File Transfer Tool is a popular option but there is another way. Here’s how to transfer files from Android to Mac.
How to Transfer Files from Android to Mac
Google has provided us with their own tool to help us transfer any file to Mac. To start, download Android File Transfer from Android.com. now, follow the steps below;
- Open androidfiletransfer.dmg
- Drag the Android logo to your Applications folder located on the right side.
- Using a USB cable, connect your device to the computer.
- Double click to open Android File Transfer.
- Select the files you want to transfer. You can also click and drag the files you want to transfer. Note that the maximum size of transfer at a time is only 4GB.
If you try to transfer files that goes above the 4GB limit, the app with probably freeze and stop responding. So you’ll have to drag and drop multiple times to transfer everything you want to.
If you do not like how Android File Transfer works, there is an alternative with no transfer limit. HandShaker has more features and support batch transfers over 4GB that Google’s tool doesn’t. Search the AppStore for HandShaker and install it. this app has beautiful native Mac UI, unlike Google’s boring and dull interface. Once you install the app, you can just plug-in your device and you’re good to go. You can drag and drop a file with ease. Make sure you uninstall Android File Transfer to prevent any errors. And also make sure you’ve granted USB access from the notification bar to be able to transfer the files.
[quote bcolor=”#3ea3c1″ arrow=”yes”]
- How to Change Pixel 2 XL Color Modes?
- How to Know What Processor Your Android Has?
- How to take RAW photos on Android?