Google Play store Error 406 is one of the errors of Google Play store that doesn’t get solved easily. Some of the people have encountered this Error while downloading the app. Most of the people have no idea why this error is occurring. Actually this error occurs if you’ve reset the Google account you used to register on your phone, if you’ve restored your device to its factory settings, or if you’ve registered a new account on your phone. Sometimes this error also occurs while downloading the app over WiFi. Here are some of the ways to solve Google Play store Error 406.
Before jumping in the main method. Try some of the basic method, it may solve you issue.
- Re-start your device: Sometime just by re-starting your device can solve the issue. So, why not try this once. To re-start your device:
- Unlock the screen of the devices.
- Press and hold the “Power” button until a menu appears.
- Select “Power off“.
- Wait for the device to power off.
- Wait 10 seconds, then press and hold the “Power” button to power the device back ON.
- After that, try to download the app again. It may solve your error problem.
How to solve Google Play store Error 406
Method 1: Clear Cache and Data
- Go to Setting >> Go to Application Setting (In some devices application setting is named as apps).
- Go to, All the apps > >Find the Google Play Store >> Clear Cache and Data
- Once you have clear everything, Next you need to Force Stop the application.
- Similarly, Find the Google Play Service >> Clear Data and Cache
- Also, Find Google Services Framework>> Open Google Services Framework >> Clear cache and data
- Now, Restart your device and try to download the app.
This is the basic method to solve any Errors in Google Play Store. I hope your Error gets solved by this method. If you are still getting the error then go to next method.
Method 2: Remove and add Google Account
- Go to Setting>> Accounts >> Google
- Remove all your Google accounts
- Turn OFF your phone and restart your phone after 10 sec.
- Go back to Google play store and Sign–in your account information
- Accept all the Google terms and setup Google settings then Run Google Play Store and download the app.
Removing and adding the Google Account should solve your problem. If it continues to appear then head to next method
Method 3: Check your Internet Connection
Many of time it has found that the error 406 is caused due to the problem in WiFi. So make sure your internet connection is working properly and has good speed. You can also try switching your internet connection from WiFi to Mobile Data which has worked for many users. If you are still getting the error try other internet connection to download the app. It should fix your error.
Method 4: Factory Reset your Phone
This is the last method to get rid of the issue but I would recommend not to reset your phone unless there is no other option. Resetting your phone will erase all the data and information, downloaded app and all such things but you can back up your data and information, app and other thing before resetting the phone.
- Go to Setting >> Scroll down and select Backup & reset option
- Once you click Backup & reset >> Other option will appear
- Click on Factory Data reset
Your phone system will be as if you have just brought it because all the setting and stuff like that you need to set again and it will surely fix the error of your device.
So, these are some of the solution to solve Error 406 in Google Play Store Hopefully, your problem is solved by now.
[quote bcolor=”blue” arrow=”yes”]Also Read:
- How to Fix Google Play Store Error code 20
- How To Fix Google Play Store Error -18
- Solve Error 104 in Google Play Store? [/quote]
Thanks, I have done all those solution. But I still have this message “Can’t Update app “Google Play Services” can’t be updated. Try again,and if the problem continues, get help troubleshooting (Error code:406)” Thanks.