No Service on iPhone is one of the common issues of the iPhone users. There are lots and lots of users who are facing this horrible issue. If you are one of them who is going through this phase then you must be aware about the problem that we suffer. Call, text and using mobile data is disabled due to this issue. The reason behind this problem may be anything, it depends on phone to phone. Here, you will get the reason as well as the solution of the issue.
Make sure you try all the methods before jumping to any conclusion as different methods have worked for different people.
[quote bcolor=”#652253″]Note: This solution works for all models of iPhone. [iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus] [/quote]
#01: Check your coverage area
It is possible that you may be in the area where there is weak network or even no network. So the first thing that you need to make sure is, you should be in an area where there is strong or average network. To know whether there is network or not, you can check your other device or even your friends and family device.
How to Fix No Service on iPhone:
Method 1: Restart your iPhone
Restarting the device is the common solution to solve almost every kind of error. As most of the issue of the phone is temporary and can easily be solved just by restarting the phone. Follow the given steps to Re-start your iPhone.
- Unlock the screen of your iPhone .
- Press and hold the “Power” button until a slide bar appears.
- Now Slide the button to Power off
- Wait for the device to power off completely.
- Wait 10 seconds, then press and hold the “Power” button to power the device back ON.
- Now see if this fixes your issue or not.
Method 2: Turn ON/OFF Airplane Mode several times
First check whether the Airplane Mode is disable or not. In case it is enabled, all services like Wi-Fi, Cellular radio, Bluetooth, mobile network will be disabled. So, try disabling the Airplane Mode but if you are still facing the error, try turning ON/OFF Airplane Mode several times.
There are two ways to turn ON/OFF Airplane Mode. You can use either of one.
- First Way:
- Swipe the screen from the bottom of the Home Screen.
- A screen with many options will appear (Control Center) >> Tap on Airplane Mode to enable and Tap again to disable it.
- Second Way:
- Go to Settings
- You will see Airplane Mode on the top of the screen >> Tap the toggle to turn it ON and OFF.
Method 3: Remove and Insert the SIM card
There are high chances that the SIM card may be causing the problem. In many cases it has found that the SIM card is damaged or there are some dirt on the SIM. So make sure your SIM card is in working condition, you can check simply by inserting the SIM card in another iPhone which is working. After confirming that the SIM card is OK, simply clean the SIM card tray as well as SIM card with dry cotton and reinsert in your iPhone.
Also, in some cases it has found that the old SIM was causing the issue but as soon as the new SIM that comes with the device was inserted, it worked.
This should fix the issue but, if you are still facing the problem then head to next method.
Method 4: Check the Cellular Data and Data Roaming
Many of the time this method has successfully worked. Just make sure your Cellular Data is turned ON.
- Go to Settings >> Cellular >> Turn ON Cellular Data (If it is turned OFF)
Also, if you are traveling aboard, make sure to enable the Data Roaming.
- Go to Settings >> Cellular >> Data Roaming >> Turn ON the Data Roaming
Method 5: Manual Carrier Selection
The iPhone has default carrier setting which automatically connects to the network as soon as the user insert the SIM. But there is always an option to manually choose the network. Simply turn off the automatic option and it will start searching the network which can solve your No service issue.
- Go to settings >> Go to Carrier
- There you will see the Automatic option turned ON.
- Simply Turn it OFF
- The phone will start searching the networks that are available and it will be displayed on-screen in few seconds.
- Now choose your network and connect it.
If you are able to fix the issue then the job is done otherwise try below method.
Method 6: Update Carrier Settings
Sometimes updating the carrier settings has simply fixed the error. So why not follow this method.
- Go to Settings >> General >> About
- If there is an update available, you will get a pop up message on the display.
- Tap on “Update” option.
Method 7: Update System Software
- Connect your phone with Wi-Fi network.
- Go to Settings >> General >> Software Update
- If there is an update available, you will see a message on the display.
- Tap on “Download and Install” option.
Method 8: Reset network settings
This method is one of the most used and successful method that have Fix iPhone No Service issue.
[quote bcolor=”#036361″]Note: Performing this method doesn’t delete any content like photo, music, video etc. It erases only the network related stuff like Wi-Fi Password. i.e Network Settings.[/quote]
- Go to Setting>> Tap on “General”
- Scroll down and select Reset option
- Now, Click on Reset Network Settings
- If you have set Passcode, you’ll need to enter your Passcode
- Read the content on the screen and touch Reset Network Settings
Alternative Methods to Fix No Service on iPhone:
Method 9: Change “Voice & Data”
Many of the users have solved the issue using this method. I hope you will also be successful with this method.
- Go to Settings >> Cellular >> Cellular Data Option >> Voice & Data.
- See if you are using 4G switch it to 3G or vice versa.
- Then, click the home button one time to go to home screen
- Now see if this fixes your issue or not..
Method 10: Check your Date and Time
Just make sure your Date and Time as well as Time zone is correct. Check whether it is set to Automatic or not. If automatic toggle is turned ON then turn it OFF and set the Date & Time and time zone correct manually. But, if the Automatic toggle is turn OFF then make sure to turn it ON. This may also solve your issue.
- Go to Settings >> General >> Date and Time
Method 11: Weird Solution
There are lots of users who have fixed the issue using this solution. Just give few taps on the top of the back of the iPhone as there lies a network antenna. Now check whether the network is back or not. Do the same process few more time and you should be able to fix the issue.
So, these are some of the methods to Fix No Service on iPhone. Hopefully, you have solved the issue by now but, if you are unable to solve the issue then it’s time to see the technician or contact Apple Customer care for help.
[quote bcolor=”#026537″ arrow=”yes”]Also Read:
- Transfer Music/Photos/Videos from computer to iPhone without iTunes
- How to prevent unnecessary loss of cellular data in iPhone?
- How to Jailbreak iPhone or Any Apple Devices. [/quote]