We have to think twice before subscribing the data plan in iPhone. Data plan are so expensive and even though we get a data plan, it don’t remain for a long time. We always want our data plan to last a little more. So, there are lots of people who prefer using internet from Wi-Fi rather than getting expensive data plan. Even some users who have to use the cellular data in iPhone, they are not happy at all to use the data as it cost them a lot. Today, I will let you know some of the methods that works just perfectly to prevent unnecessary loss of cellular data in iPhone?
Methods to prevent unnecessary loss of cellular data in iPhone
Method 1: Restrict the Apps from using Data
This is the first and foremost method that one should apply to drastically reduce the loss of unnecessary data. Using this methods, you can prevent all the auto sync app and other app from using data when cellular data in ON.
- Go to Settings >> Cellular >> Turn ON
- Scroll down and under “USE CELLULAR DATA FOR” section , you will see all the apps.
- Make sure you Turn-off apps that you don’t want to use or the app that automatically sync data while cellular data is ON
- Only Turn ON the app that you want to use with cellular data.
- Also, it is better to Turn off “Cellular Data” completely, if you are not using the app which will prevent you from unnecessary loss of cellular data in iPhone.
Method 2: Turn off Cellular Data for iCloud
This method is also useful as it prevent unnecessary loss of cellular data in iPhone. This method helps to you transfer document and data over Wi-Fi only.
- Go to Settings >> Scroll and find iCloud >> Tap on it
- There you can see iCloud Drive option, Click on it.
- Now scroll down and turn off “Use Cellular Data”.
Method 3: Turn off Cellular Data for iTunes and App Store
This method helps you to restrict use of cellular data for automatic downloads. It is very beneficial to prevent the loss of data.
- Go to Settings >> Find iTunes & App Store
- Once you are in iTunes & App Store, Scroll and find “Use Cellular Data”
- Now, Turn off “Use Cellular Data”.
Method 4: Disable Background App Refresh
This method is one of the important method to use as it prevents apps to refresh their content when it is using cellular data. That means your apps content will refresh only over Wi-Fi.
- Go to Settings >> General >> Scroll down and find Background App Refresh
- Once you are there, Toggle off the Background App Refresh option
Method 5: Don’t Streaming High Quality Music
This method is very useful mostly for the one who is music lover and stream music online. Turning Off the “High Quality” on cellular option will prevent excessive use of data.
- Go to Settings >> Scroll down and find Music
- Once you are in Music again scroll down, you will see High Quality on Cellular option
- Turn off it.
- Also, if you don’t want to lose your cellular data then it is better you turn off “Use Cellular Data” so that you will only be able to stream Music over Wi-fi.
So, these are some of the methods to prevent unnecessary loss of cellular data in iPhone? I hope now you can use your data for a long time and enjoy surfing internet. Let us know, what do you think about this methods also if you have any others methods then comment below.
[quote bcolor=”blue” arrow=”yes”]Useful Links: