As we all know that the new iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus doesn’t have the physical home button. It is now force sensitive solid-state and works together combination with of new generation Taptic engine. That means the method for entering in DFU mode on iPhone 7 is going to be different from before. In this Tutorial you will learn How to Enter in DFU Mode on iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus and even How to get out of DFU mode. Before starting let us know why it is need to enter in DFU mode.
You may need to enter in DFU Mode if you are having trouble or you are just looking to restore your device from any state and this will basically put your device into a state where you can still communicate with itunes. When placing your iphone into DFU mode it doesn’t load the OS before attempting the restore.
Enter in DFU Mode on iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
- Make sure you have latest version of iTunes. Now open the iTunes on your Mac/ (laptop)
- Then connect the iPhone to Mac/ (laptop) using USB cable.
- Press and hold the sleep/wake and volume down buttons at the same time for exact ten seconds.
- Then release the sleep/wake button and continue pressing volume down button until itunes pops up with a message.
- Message will tell you that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode but it won’t actually be in recovery mode, you are actually in DFU mode and you can tell this from your screen being black.
- If you see an itunes logo displayed on your iPhone then you are in recovery mode and not in DFU mode.
- You have to do the whole process again if you see itunes logo or Apple logo and make sure you pay close attention to the timing.
- itunes will recognize your device and allow it be restored.
How to get out of DFU Mode on iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
- Press the sleep/wake button and volume down button together
- Continue holding them until you see the apple logo appear.
- It will take a little bit time but once you see the apple logo appear you can release the buttons
So, this way you can Enter in DFU Mode on iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus. I hope this tutorial will help you. If you have anything to say related to this topic then comment below.
[quote bcolor=”gray” arrow=”yes”] Also Read: