This problem is particularly faced why those who tend to download apps from unknown sources or 3rd party sources. If you only download apps from the Google Play Store, this error is really an issue. The error we’re talking about is App not installed or Application not installed. Here’s how to Fix App Not Installed Error on Android.
Fix App Not Installed Error on Android
There are several reasons why you might be getting this error. The most common reason behind this is when you try to install an app downloaded from 3rd party source which is not compatible with your device. Or the APK’s core files might be corrupted. No matter the case, we’ll try to fix this error.
Method 1: Rewrite Code
This is not for newbies. If you know some things about Android SDK or know what you’re doing, this method might help you. For this, we will use an app called APK Editor. You can use any other APK editor app of your choice.
- Download APK Editor from the Google Play Store.
- Open the app and either select ‘APK from App’ or ‘APK File’.
- Tap on Common Edit.
- Now you can change the installation location or version code or something else.
- Save the APK after you’re done and then install the app again.
Method 2: APK Bundle
Sometimes you get this error when you try to open a partially installed APK. This is because the app is not completely installed as it is a Split APK or a bundle APK. This means the app comes in multiple APK and you need to install all of them to make the app function properly. You cannot install split APKs like regular APKs; you need a special app caller Split APK installer. Follow the steps below;
- Download all the necessary APKs.
- Install Split APK Installer.
- Tap on Install APKs button and then located all the APKs.
- Install and you’re done.
Method 3: Sign App
An unsigned app might not install properly giving you the App not Installed error. Android will not allow you to install unsigned APK. While it might be risky to sign an unsigned APK, but it can be done. If you trust the source, then follow the steps below to sign an APK.
- Download ZipSigner.
- Open the app and tap on Input / Output.
- Choose the APK and then tap on Sign the file.
- Wait for the process to complete and then install the signed APK.
If Nothing Works
You can also try the following;
- Reset App Preferences (Settings > Apps > tap on menu icon > Reset app preferences)
- Try not to install an APK from the SD card. Move it to the internal storage first.
- Reset Package Installer (Settings > Apps > Package Installer > Clear data and Clear Cache). Package Installer is under System Apps.