In your android smartphone, downloading applications or updates is impossible sometimes, as your smartphone maybe frequently showing ‘Unable to download application”xxx” because an error occurred (413)’ or simply error 413 in the play store while trying to update or install the downloaded apps. If you use a proxy, remember that it may cause problems with the operation of the Google play store. It may sometimes occur only while downloading a file of more than certain size limit,e.g. 20 MB, while for some of the smartphones, it may be occurring for any type or size of files. If this error 413 appear on your Android smartphone and prevents the installation of your application, the concern is almost certainly your internet connection.
In summary, if you encountered an error 413 while trying to update/install an app from Google Store, this is most likely due to your phone Internet settings or APN. The app contains an installation per-requisite that a 3G or faster connection. Indeed, downloading certain apps over a 3G/mobile connection may trigger this error.
To solve the error 413 in your google play store, and to update and install all the apps flawlessly, you can try the following steps:
- Go to Menu > Settings > Applications > All > Google Play Store.
- Clear the cache and delete the data.
- Repeat the operation for “Google Services Framework”, “Google Apps”, “Google Talk” and clear the cache of your browser.
- Restart your phone, and check whether the problem is fixed now.
- If these manipulations have not solved the problem. You should have your internet connection, stable, hence check it once and make sure it’s stable.
- Go to “Settings > Mobile Networks > APN
- Delete the Proxy field and tap on Save.
This will most probably solve your error code appearance on the play store. Good Luck!