If you are getting “Unfortunately, the process android.process.acore has stopped” Error on you Android and unable to solve this issue then you are at right place. First, let me say you are not alone to get this error. There are lots of people who facing this error. This error may be caused due to different reason like not being installed properly, incompatibility issue, faulty app and many more. Here, I will show you some of the methods to solve the error.
Don’t conclude that you are unable to fix this error just by trying one method. I recommend you to try every method unless you don’t fix the issue. Also, a different method has worked for different people.
How to Fix Unfortunately, the process android.process.acore has stopped Error
Method 1: Clearing the contacts data.
Note: Before doing this method, backup your Contacts. There are many apps available in the google play store but we recommend back up the contacts to Gmail.
- Go to Setting >> Go to Application Setting (In some devices application setting is named as apps).
- Go to, All the apps > >Find the Contacts
- Open Contacts >> Clear its data
- Similarly, Find the Contacts Storage >> Clear its Data
- Once you have clear everything, Next you need to Force Stop the application.
- Now, Restart your device and see if the error is fixed.
- If the error is not fixed then also try Disabling the Contacts Storage .
This should fix your issue. If you are still getting this error then go to next method.
Method 2: Reset App Preferences
- Go to “Setting“
- Tap on “Apps or Application Manager“
- Tap on three dots (You can find three dots on the top right corner of the screen)
- Tap on “Reset App Preferences“
This method should work. If it doesn’t fix your issue then go to the third method.
Method 3: Uninstall, Disable, Reinstall & Enable
- Uninstall the app that is giving you the error message.
- Also, Disable Goolge+ ( It means you can force stop the Goolge+ app)
- Now, Reinstall app that was giving you the error message
- After that, Enable Google+ (Just launch the Google+ app and accept the terms and condition of it)
Method 4: Factory Reset your Phone
This is the last method to get rid of the issue but I would recommend not to reset your phone unless there is no other option. Resetting your phone will erase all the data and information, download app and all such things but you can back up your data and information, app and other things before resetting the phone.
- Go to Setting >> Scroll down and select Backup & reset option
- Once you click Backup & reset >> Other option will appear
- Click on Factory Data reset
Your phone system will be as if you have just brought it because all the setting and stuff like that you need to set again and it will surely fix the error of your device.
So these are some of the methods to fix Unfortunately, the process android.process.acore has stopped Error. If you find any alternative methods then let us know, it will help other people with the same error.
Thanks man its work for me
my contact storage cannot cleared…factory reset also cannot solve my problem
did you have any solution?
Same issue here. Although I can clear my contacts storage and can’t disable it. Also tried the factory reset and still didn’t work, shall I throw it away and be done with it? xD
I had same issue. I deleted Verizon cloud and works fine now
The simplest way to solve this issue is to remove the Google app./Assistant app.
The error will go away and then you can Re-Install the Google app. again
Nobody, thanks that fixed mine been trying to fix it for a couple days. I tried contacts, contacts storage, and phone, also deleted apps that had recent updates.
Duuuuuude!! Thank the Lord I took that extra second to look nowhere so I can find Nobody! Nobody srslee saved my ass on this one!!! Top Google Devs and LG’s sorry excuse for customer service were absolutely no help AT ALL!! I blew through days tryna figure this out cause I logged into soundcloud and I guess googles app doesnt like that. I can’t thank you enough man!! Cheers!