Ever heard about Google Assistant? If you have, you know it can help you with limitless things. You can use it to check traffic ahead, play music and much more. But you already know all of these. What you may not know is that you can even lock and unlock Android using Google Assistant. Here’s how.
How to Unlock Android using Google Assistant
If you haven’t already, you need to install Google Assistant on your device. You can get it by joining the Google and Google Pay Services Beta program. Follow the steps below to join:
- Head over to Settings.
- Scroll down and tap on Google.
- Tap on the 3-dot menu button and then on Help & Feedback.
- Again, tap on the 3-dot menu button.
- Tap on View on Play Store. This will open the Play Store page for Google Play Services.
- Scroll down till you find “Become a beta tester”
- Tap on “I’m in”, then on “Join”.
- You’re now a beta tester for Google Play Services.
Do the same for Google App. Update both apps to beta version. Change your keyboard language to English (US) and clear data of Google app. Go to its Settings > Settings > Toggle Google Assistant on. Press and home home button to pop Google Assistant up.
Once you’ve installed the Google Assistant, you can now unlock your device by saying “Ok Google”. Doing this will open the app and you can then interact with your device such as launching apps, making calls and do many things Google Assistant lets you do.
Locking your device using Google Assistant
Configuring Google Assistant to lock your device is a bit longer process; but nothing too difficult. All you need to do is install a 3rd party app. Follow the steps below:
- Install Off+ from Google Play Store.
- When installed, open Google Assistant and tap the drawer icon.
- Tap on the 3-don menu button and go to Settings > Shortcuts.
- Tap on blue + button.
- Enter the following information:
- When I say Ok Google: Lock phone
- Google Assistant Should do: Open Off+
- Tap on Save.
[quote bcolor=”#3ea3c1″ arrow=”yes”]
- How to play YouTube videos in the background?
- How to send automatic response to text messages?
- How to create custom stickers on Snapchat?