If you have an Android wear (smartwatch), and you wear it, then it is obvious that you frequently receive notifications, which are indicated by a vibrating alarm. The notifications can be of any apps, and can be wanted or unwanted. Though at many times it is good to have the notifications of several good apps, such as Facebook Messenger, Viber, WhatsApp etc., the same type of notifications also irritate you sometimes. For example- the apps request in Facebook (such as Candy Crush Life request), or other annoying notifications by several games asking for you to play. Everytime a your Android smartphone has a new notification, it will send it to your Android wear, causing it to alert you.
You need not be much worried of such situation though, Android has contained a feature to block unwanted app notifications from Android Wear. If you are the one who desparately want to block the apps which frequently pop out irritating notifications, but do not have any idea on how to do it, here we have the guide on how to block unwanted app notifications from Android wear. The good thing is that you can do this from your Android smartphone, not having to do anything in the Android wear.
You can follow the following steps for this:
- In your smartphone, go to the ‘Android Wear’ app and launch it. It is necessary to connect your Smartwatch and Smartphone.
- When you are connected, go to the Settings of the app.
- In the settings, you can see the option to ‘Block Apps’ (it was ‘Mute Apps’ before, and Google has recently updated it).
- Click on the option, and you will see the Add option denoted by ‘+’.
- When you click the ‘+’, you will see various apps list installed in your device.
- Just tap in the app that you don’t want to receive notifications from, and the app will be blocked.
That’s it, you are done blocking the apps which give annoying notifications. You can follow the reverse process to unblock the apps, if you want their notifications back.