Samsung has taken Galaxy S8 to whole new level in terms of design. The infinity display looks amazing on the phone which was possible due to removable of Home button. Yes, that’s true. Now you won’t be seeing physical home button on the phone. Instead the keys are moved to the screen which can be said as soft keys. Due to removal of home button the process of hard reset has also been changed. But, you don’t have to worry. Here, I will show you How To Hard Reset Samsung Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8 Plus. The process is easy and simple. Just follow as given below.
Why should we Hard Reset the Phone?
Most of the software related issue can be solved by hard resetting the phone. There are many issues like frozen screen, blank screen, apps crashing, freezing or any other issue which makes your phone work abnormally.
After hard resetting, the phone will be new from software viewpoint. You have to go through all new setup procedure that all new phone go through.
[quote bcolor=”#51748a”]Note: Hard Resetting your phone will erase all the data and information, downloaded app, photo, music and all such things that you have stored in internal memory. So, I would recommend you to back-up everything before you Reset your phone. Also make sure your phone battery is more than 60% otherwise you phone may stuck while performing Hard Reset due to lack of battery.[/quote]
[quote bcolor=”#1a1a1a”]Important Note: After Resetting your Phone, you will need to enter a previous/ old Google username and password associated with the device. If you don’t have the information, you won’t be able to complete setup process and use the device at all after factory reset.[/quote]
Other thing to remember before performing the process:
- Make sure you have an Internet connection.
- Make sure your phone battery is more than 60%.
- Back up your data.
- If you have recently reset Your Google account password then wait 24 hours.
Hard Reset Samsung Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8 Plus:
- First turn off the phone completely.
- Press and hold volume up button, bixby button and power button together until the device turns on and you see Samsung Logo.
- Now Remove your fingers from the buttons.
- Wait few seconds, you will see different screen and you will finally enter into recovery mode.
- Recovery Mode will appear with many options >> use volume up and down to control the screen and power button to select the option.
- Select wipe data/factory reset >> press power button
- Again select “yes” option and press ok (It will then start hard resetting the phone).
- A message will appear at the bottom of the screen after the completion of process stating “Data wipe complete”
- Select reboot system now >> press power button (It will start rebooting your device)
Once the process is finished, you have to setup all the stuff from beginning just like you do when you get the new phone.
So, as I said the process is easy and simple, right? Now, you have learned how to hard reset Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus. Let us know what do you think about the new process of hard resetting the Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus.
[quote bcolor=”#0054ff” arrow=”yes”]Also Read:
- Samsung launches S8 and S8 Plus: Here is everything you need to know !
- Samsung Gear S3 smartwatch: Review
- How to find IMEI number of your Android Phone [/quote]
Thank you Mohammed =)