Today’s most used phone around the world is Android phone. You will not be amazed to know that the numbers of the Android users are increasing day by day. But you will be pretty amazed to know that every Android phone has it’s unique IMEI number. Some of you may not know what is IMEI number. So, let make it clear. IMEI number is a 15 digit code that is unique to every mobile phone or cellular device. IMEI stands for International Mobile Equipment Identity. No other phone shares the same IMEI number. As IMEI number has great importance, here I will show you how to find IMEI number of your Android Phone.
Why do we need to know about IMEI number ?
IMEI number is very important in many situations. Some of them are listed below:
- For Unlocking the Android Phone
- For requesting the phone provider to block the Phone and prevent anyone from misusing it in case it gets stolen
- To track and find Android phone in case it is misplaced or lost.
- If you are buying the second-hand phone, then you should know the IMEI number of the phone to check whether it is registered as stolen or not, black listed or not and many other information.
- It might be used for warranty reasons also.
How to find IMEI number of your Android Phone
Method 1: See the label on the Box of your Android Phone
This is the simplest method to find IMEI number of your Android Phone. When you buy the Phone, it will be packed in the box. Either you will find the label on the back side or on the bottom of the box. There you can find other information including the IMEI number of your phone.
Even if you don’t have the box of the phone any longer because of whatever reason, you don’t have to worry. Just follow the given method to see the IMEI number of your Android Phone.
Method 2: Dial the code
- Open the Phone app
- Go to keypad
- Enter the code *#06#
Instantly you get the IMEI number on your Screen.
Method 3: Going in Settings Menu
You can get the IMEI number inside the settings menu. Follow the given steps to get your IMEI number through Settings Menu.
- Go to Settings
- Search About device and tap on it >> Status
- Scroll down the screen to find the IMEI number.
a) Looking Under the Battery [Phone with Removable Battery]
You will be amazed to know that your Phone IMEI number is also printed under the Battery. This method only works for the phone with removable batteries. The location of IMEI number varies from phone to phone, but usually it is found beneath the battery which is attached to the phone.
- First, switch OFF the phone.
- Now gently remove the back case and also the battery.
- There you will see a sticker attached and when you see the information on it, you will find the IMEI number of the phone.
b) Looking in Sim-card Tray [Phone with Non-Removable Battery]
Now a day mostly we find the phone with non-removable battery. The latest phones with outstanding design mostly come with no non-removable battery as the back case of the phone is made of glass or metal. So you no longer have access to the battery compartment. Now when you see the Sim- card tray, it may be possible that IMEI number is printed on it. Some of the devices comes with printed IMEI number of Sim-card tray while others don’t print.
Method 5: Use Google Dashboard to see your IMEI number
You can even find the IMEI number using Google Dashboard. This method is long as compared to the above methods but I think it is better to know that you can even see the IMEI number from this method and the best part about this method is that you can see the IMEI number of our phone even if you have misplaced the phone or if your phone is lost. Follow the steps to see your IMEI number using Google Dashboard.
- Go to the web browser and type google.com/settings/dashboard [From your PC, tablet or mobile phone]
- Log-in using the same Google Account that you have used in your Android Phone
- Click on the Android section and you will see a list of all your Android mobile phones that are connected with your account
- Find your phone in the list. (If you have multiple devices connected with your account, all the devices will be displayed)
- Now you can easily check your device IMEI number and also some other basic details.
So, these are some of the methods to find IMEI number of your Android Phone. I hope that now you are able to see Android phone IMEI number by yourself.