Serial number is very important to every user. It has a wide range of purpose whether to know its manufacture date and place, checking unlock status, checking warranty status, checking for iCloud Activation Lock, repairs, insurance purpose, registering phone for different services and many more. You may also need the serial number if you are calling Apple for the support or even for selling the phone. So basically you will need to locate your iPhone serial number at some point. Here are some quick and easy steps to find Serial number of your iPhone.
Note: You can see the serial number on any model of the iPhone. For Eg: iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, , iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus. Also these steps apply for iPad and iPod touch.
If you need to find IMEI number here is How to find IMEI number of iPhone
How to find Serial number of your iPhone
Method 1: Going in iOS settings
This method is one of the easiest methods to find Serial number of your iPhone. For this method your iPhone should be in working state. You can even copy the serial number and paste in to any other app like Notes or even in Apple support page. Follow the given steps to get your serial number through iOS settings.
- Go to Settings >> Tap General >> About
- Scroll down the screen to find the serial number.
- Tap and hold the serial number to bring up a Copy option and tap on copy. (In case you want to copy the serial number)
Method 2: Use iTunes to see your Serial number
You can even find the serial number using iTunes. This method is long as compared to the above method but I think it is better to know that we can even see the IMEI number from this method. Also keep in mind that we should have iTunes in our Mac/ (laptop) to use this method. Follow the given steps to see Serial number using iTunes.
- First connect the iPhone to Mac/ (laptop) using USB cable.
- Click on Devices in the top right and choose iPhone.
- Also make sure that the summary tab is selected.
- If you want to copy the serial number and paste in to any other app like Notes or even in Apple support page then Click Edit >>Copy Serial number.
Method 3: On the Device Packaging
This is the simplest method to find serial number of your iPhone. If you still have the iPhone’s original packaging, you can check the barcode to find the serial number and even some other information. Either you will find the label on the back side or on the bottom of the box.
Method 4: iPhone Backup
This method is one of the important methods one should know. It will help to know the serial number of the iPhone even though you don’t have access to your iPhone of whatever reason but keep in mind one thing that you have previously backed up iPhone using iTunes.
- On the Mac: Go to iTunes >> Preferences || On the PC: Go to Edit >> Preferences
- Now click the Devices tab (if you have backed up more than one device then find the device you want to see the serial number)
- Hover/Hold your mouse over backup of your device to see the serial number. You will also see some other information like IMEI/MEID number, phone number, software version etc.
So, these are some of the methods to find Serial number of your iPhone. I hope that now you are able to see iphone serial number by yourself.