There have been reports of the touch screen lagging on the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8. The problem was particularly noticeable when using the keyboard. When you’re trying to type the letters that are on the edge of the screen like ‘q’ and ‘p’, the letters would reverse the order that they were typed in. The word ‘problem’ would be ‘problem’. If you are a slow typist, you may not have experienced this, but for all those fast typists, this could get pretty annoying. Even typing the letters in the middle of the keyboard, you may feel a micro delay. If this is the issue you’re facing, this troubleshooting guide is for you. If you have experienced this lag when doing things outside typing, this troubleshooting guide is for you too. In short, this article will fix Redmi Note 8 lagging touchscreen issue. Here’s how to fix touchscreen lag on Redmi Note 8.
Fix touchscreen Lag on Redmi Note 8
This lag was later identified as a software issue, and an update has been rolled out. If the screen is lagging even after the update, you can do a few things to take care of that. Follow the steps below.
Step 1: Updating software
First and foremost, you need to update the phone’s software. The lagging issue has been fixed by the manufacturer through patch rolled out as a software update. If you haven’t updated it yet, go to Settings > My device > System > Check for updates. Install the update and your phone would be as smooth as butter.
Step 2: MIUI Optimization
MIUI Optimization may be causing the lag. You should disable it and see if it worked. To access the MIUI Optimization option, you need to enable the Developer options first. To do so,
- Go to Settings > My device > All Specs > tap on Build number 7 times.
- Now, go to Settings > Additional Settings > Developer options > disable MIUI Optimization located at the bottom.
Step 3: Developer Options
When still Developer Options
- Find Animation and tap on it.
- Select the lowest or the option closest to the lowest.
Step 4: Factory resetting
If nothing worked, you can try to fix the issue by factory resetting the device. To perform a factory reset
- Go to Settings > My device > Backup and reset
- Now Erase all data (factory reset) > tap Erase all data > Confirm.
- But you will not need to reset your phone. The update should fix the problem.
Steps 2 and 3 are just for making the touch screen experience a bit faster.
- How to Improve Battery life of Redmi Note 8 Pro
- How to Fix Google Play Store error 940
- How to Fix Samsung Galaxy S10 not booting issue
- How to Fix Galaxy Note 10 Plus not detecting MicroSD card