Many of you may have separate Google accounts for work and personal life. You may have also wondered whether you can simultaneously use both accounts on your phone. Some may have achieved to do that, some may haven’t. For those who never knew you could do that, this article is for you. You can add additional Google accounts on your Android smartphone. the guide below is done on Android 8.1 Oreo.
Add Additional Google Accounts
You probably have already signed it with one of your Google accounts when starting your phone for the first time, so this guide will go straight to adding the second account. Follow the steps below;
Step 1: Go to Settings.
Step 2: Navigate to Accounts and tap on it.
Step 3: Tap on Add Account located at the bottom.
Step 4: Find and select Google from the list that appears.
Step 5: Login to your second Google account.
Step 6: You’ve successfully added another Google account on your phone.
Now, you will need to manage what data Android syncs from your newly added account. To do so, follow the steps;
Step 1: Go back to Settings.
Step 2: Go to Accounts.
Step 3: Tap on Google and select the new account.
Step 4: Toggle what services you want to sync.
You can follow the same steps to disable synchronization of any services for your old account.
Doing this will affect the following Gapps and you will see a change on any other 3rd party apps that support Google login.
- Calendar – You can edit settings of each calendar from every account from Settings.
- Google +
- Chrome – You cannot conveniently switch between accounts and make changes, but you can choose what account you want it to sync to. Go to Settings > tap on current Google account(Syncing to) > under the list of account, tap Sync > Sync to > Select the account.
- Google Play
- Google Fit Data
- Gmail – You’ll see 2 accounts listed. You can make changes to the specific account by tapping on Hamburger icon > Settings > Select the account you’d like to make changes > make changes
- Allo and Duo – You can only use one account at a time as Allo and Duo are associated with your phone number. You can, however, switch accounts. To do so in Duo, go to Settings by taping on the 3-dot menu > select Remove Google Account From Duo > verify number > go back to Settings > Add Account > select the account you want from the list. For Allo, go to Settings > Account > Disconnect > select Google Account and pick the account you want.
[quote bcolor=”#3ea3c1″ arrow=”yes”]
- Galaxy Note 9 release date, specs, price and more.
- How to Delete Duplicate Files on Android
- Change Graphics Settings on PUBG Mobile