The error 495 code appears while attempting to download apps or games in the Google Play Store over WiFi. When downloading the same apps with your mobile data, it seems to work fine. Don’t worry the fix for the 495 error is quite simple and many users have successfully applied the solutions mentioned in this post.
To fix the error 495 in your device, just try these steps:
- Go to Settings>> Application Manager or Apps>> Open “All” apps
- From the list of apps find Google Play store >>Clear Data and Clear Cache
- From the list of apps find Google Service Framework >> Clear Data and Clear Cache
- Now install or update app from Google Play Store
- If it still didn’t work try uninstalling Google Play Store updates first
- Go to system settings>> Accounts>>Google>>remove your Gmail account
- Now from settings>>Apps>>All> Force stop, Clear data and cache for Google Play Store, Google Service Framework and Download Manager (like in method 1)
- Now again go to settings>> Accounts>>Google>>Add your gmail account
- Restart your android and then accept all the Google terms and setup Google settings
- Rerun Google Play Store and update or install your app.
Method 3: Installing a VPN app
- Install Hideman VPN app from Google Play Store
- Now open the app and select US as the country of connection and press connect
- Open Google Play Store and Download app
To install the VPN app in your device, you can sideload it, or use different app stores. Here’s How to Install 3rd Party (Outside Google Play Store) Apps on Android.
These fixes will work for most of Google Play Store related errors and not just for error 495. Hope it worked for you. If your Android smartphone has the error 492 problem instead, see our article on how to fix it.