Sometimes Android users will get the “app could not be downloaded due to an error 492″ error while trying to update or install an app from the Google Play Store aka Android market. This market error seems to affect only a few apps while other apps download or install just fine. Here are the steps you can take to solve this problem: In my case, I experienced this error while trying to update the Rockmelt, Instagram and Facebook App. I solved this by simply following steps below.
Error 492 can be quickly and easily fixed by these Methods and Steps:
Method 1: Easy and quick way to fix error 492 on google play store
- First, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. If that doesn’t work follow the steps below.
- Go to System Settings >> Manage Applications >> Select “All” tab
- Now from all apps list, select Google Play Store and clear data and cache
- Now again from the apps list, select Google Services Framework and clear data and cache
- Open Google Play and then try to update or install the app. It should work.
- If it doesn’t work, boot into recovery (Clockworkmod) and then Wipe cache and from advanced >> Wipe Dalvik cache.
Note: This problem is common in case of Custom ROMs like Cyanogenmod. All customs ROMs have Clockworkmod so wiping cache shouldn’t be a problem.
Method 2: Fix error 492 by Formatting SD card
It was also mentioned in XDA Forum that that sometimes the 492 error occurs when you have a corrupted SD card. So if the problem still persists after following the above measures, you could try formatting your SD card and then installing apps.
Also read: How to fix SD Card not detected
The error code 492 occurring on your Android device might have been solved by now. If not, you can leave a comment below, with your device name. You can leave your opinion if it’s solved too. If you have a problem of persisting error 495 instead, you can see our guide on how to solve it.