The LG G4 is frowned upon for its sluggish UI but this can be fixed by flashing a custom ROM and choose from thousands of themes available on the Google Play Store. But before you can do any of that you need to unlock its bootloader. A locked bootloader prevents any system related tweaking. Here’s how to unlock LG G4 bootloader.
How to Unlock LG G4 Bootloader
Before you start:
- Make sure you have all the appropriate USB drivers.
- Download and install ADB drivers.
- Download and unzip Platform Tools / Slim SDK.
- This guide is for LG G4 H815.
[quote bcolor=”#FF8000″ arrow=”yes”]
Note: Unlocking bootloader will void your device’s warranty. Unlocking bootloader will wipe all the data stored on your device. Make a backup first. You will not be able to revert this process later.
Step 1: Finding and submitting device ID
- Enable Developer Options. Go to Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 times.
- Enable OEM Unlock. Go to Settings > Scroll down to Developer Options > Check the box beside OEM Unlock > Tap Yes > Reboot your device.
- Enable USB Debugging inside the Developer Options.
- Connect your LG G4 to PC. You will be prompted with a message saying Allow USB Debugging on your LG G4. Tap on OK. In case you do not receive this message, disconnect and connect again till you get the message.
- Go to the Slim SDK folder and open a command prompt there. To do so, hold down Shift key and right click, then select Open command window here.
- Type the following command and hit enter to enter fastboot mode: adb reboot bootloader
- Now type fastboot oem device-id and hit enter. You will see two unique codes. Copy these two codes and enter then in the LG’s developer page and click on Submit. You will now receiver an email.
Step 2: Unlocking Bootloader
- In the email, look for the attachment with the name unlock.bin.
- Copy this file inside the Slim SDK folder.
- Go back to the command window and type fastboot flash unlock unlock.bin and hit enter.
- Reboot your device by typing fastboot reboot and hitting enter.
- Your LG G4’s bootloader is now unlocked. To comfirm, boot into fastboot mode and enter fastboot getvar unlocked. The result should say unlocked: yes.
[quote bcolor=”#3ea3c1″ arrow=”yes”]
- How to Flash CM13 Nightly on OnePlus 3
- How to Flash Cyanogen OS 13 on OnePlus One
- How to fix Android Nougat WiFi Problem