If you do not like the new Google Assistant for some reason, there’s a way you can revert back to the good old Google Now. For those who don’t know, Google Assistant is Google’s new personal assistant. Think of it as Siri for your Android. Although Google Assistant is more advanced than Google Now, some people may still prefer the easy voice controls of Google Now. So, instead of cursing Google for Google Assistant, you can easily switch back to Google Now and disable Google Assitant altogether. Here’s how to switch back to Google Now from Google Assistant.
How to Switch Back to Google Now from Google Assistant
All you need to do is alter a few settings on your device. the trick is to make your device think you’re in a region that doesn’t have Google Assistant. Doing this will disable Google Assistant and switch back to Google Now. Here’s how;
- Go to your device’s Settings.
- Scroll down and tap on Languages & Input.
- Tap on Languages.
- Tap on Add a language.
- Select the language you want.
- Select a region.
- Choose US Virgin Islands.
- Now, tap on Options > Remove and remove English(United States).
Note that once you change these settings and switch to Google Now, you cannot switch back to Google Assistant. So make sure you really want this. You can now long press the home button and enjoy Google Now.
If you don’t want both, you can disable it by;
- Launch the Assistant by long pressing the home button.
- Tap on the Drawer icon located in the middle of the screen and at the left corner of Assistant’s screen.
- Tap on the 3-dot menu button and choose Settings.
- Now, scroll down to Devices and tap on Phone/Tablet.
- Uncheck Google Assistant and you’re done.
- You can enable it later by long pressing your home button and tap on Turn On button.
[quote bcolor=”#3ea3c1″ arrow=”yes”]
- How to Change Pixel 2 XL Color Modes?
- How to install Kodi on Android?
- How to take RAW photos on Android?