Have you ever faced Error 912 in Google play store while installing or downloading the app? Well some of you might have faced this error because Android is not fully bug free. Though there are lots of pros of Android device but also have some bugs and issue like the error message display on the screen while installing, downloading or even updating the app. After all it is made by human and human makes mistakes. Basically the issue are fixed with the update but most of the time the update are not available at the time what can we do to fix this error. Here I will let you know some of the methods to solve Error 912 in Android. Before going to actual solution first try some of the additional tips which can just free you from Error 912.
- Update your Play Store: Check whether your Play Store has any updates or not. It has also found that most of time the error is caused due to old version of Play store. So, make sure that your Play store is updated, if not then update your play store. After that, try to download the app again. It may solve your problem.
- Re-start your device: Sometime just by re-starting your device can solve this issue. So, why not try this once. To re-start your device:
- Unlock the screen of the devices.
- Press and hold the “Power” button until a menu appears.
- Select “Power off“.
- Wait for the device to power off completely.
- Wait 10 seconds, then press and hold the “Power” button to start (ON) the device.
- Now, try to download the app again. It may solve your error problem.
Some of the Methods to solve Error 912
Method 1: Clearing Cache and Data
- Go to Setting >> Go to Application Setting (In some devices application setting is named as apps).
- Go to, All the apps > >Find the Google Play Store >> Clear Data and Cache
- Once you have clear everything, Next you need to Force Stop the application
- Also, try to clear Cache and data of Download Manager and Google Service Framework.
- Now, Restart your device and try to download the app.
Lot of people have fixed this issue just by clearing the Cache and Data as mentioned above. I hope you have also fixed this issue by now. But in case your problem has not been solved yet then move to next method.
Method 2: Unmount SD card
- Go to Setting >> Storage >> Scroll down and select “Unmount SD card”
- Open Google Play Store >> Download the app again that was giving you the error message
- After successful installation, Go back to Settings >> Storage >> tap on “mount SD card”
- If above steps didn’t work, also try removing your SD card before installing.
For some users it has also found that the error message is shown when they try to update their app that was installed in their SD card and some users also found the issue of low-memory while downloading even though they have enough memory. The above mentioned method should solve this issue. If the error is still appearing then proceed to next method.
Method 3: Move the app to Phone
- Go to Settings >> Go to Apps >> Select, All the apps
- Scroll down and select the app that was giving you the error during update
- Select “Move to phone”
- Open Google Play Store and update the app
- After successful installation, you can move the app back to SD card
Moving the app to the Phone has also solved this problem. When the users tries to update the app that is installed in SD card then also this error appears. Try the above method it should work.
So, these are some of the solution to Fix the error 912. Hopefully, your problem is solved by now. Let us know which one worked for you or if you have any other methods then share with us.