Previously we have listed some of the free as well as paid VPN service. In this article, we focused on how to set up a VPN on not only Android or iOS but also on Windows and Chrome OS. Setting Up VPN is not a difficult task once you use service from your VPN service provider. You just need to type username, password and other required info to set up and you’re good to go.
But the problem here is all VPN service provider doesn’t offer the app for every platform. For e.g. software may be available for windows but not for your android device. So, in this case, you need to set up the VPN manually. So here is how you can set up VPN on Android, Chrome OS, Windows 10, IOS, macOS and surf internet without any restriction. Without any further talk let’s see how to do.
Oh, wait!! Feeling bored in reading this long article? We care for you. Why not try this link once, maybe it will be helpful for you.
- How to set up a VPN on Android?
- How to set up a VPN on Chrome OS?
- How to set up a VPN on Windows 10?
- How to set up a VPN on IOS?
- How to set up a VPN on macOS?
How to set up a VPN on Android?
Setting VPN service is not that difficult. To set up VPN on Android go to Settings > Wireless & Networks > more and tap on the “+” icon. Now type all the required information provided by your VPN service provider and click on “Save” to finish the process. The settings menu looks a bit different according to the device you own. Here is the step by step instruction if you are confused.
- First, go to your Settings menu.
- Once you enter the menu search for Wireless & Network, tap on it and find more option.
- You will find the “+” icon on the right corner, click it.
- Enter the required info when a new window pops up. Contact your VPN service provider for all the information.
- Click “Save” and you are finished setting VPN on Android.
How to set up a VPN on Chrome OS?
To set up a VPN on chrome first you have to import a CA certificate to your Chromebook. Once you install the certificate from your provider type chrome://settings/certificates into your Chrome address bar. Now click on the “Authorities” tab on the top of the page and press the “Import” button, choose the CA certificate and follow the process. So here is the step by step process for installing a CA certificate.
- Get a CA certificate from your VPN service provider.
- Open Chrome and type chrome://settings/certificates into the address bar.
- Click the “Authorities” tab at the top of the page.
- Press “Import” and choose the CA certificate.
- Follow the screen until the installation completes.
Once you have completed installing the CA certificate into your chrome browser you are good to go with VPN settings. Now click on your account photo situated at the bottom-right corner of the screen, then open settings. Next click on the “Add Connection” and then click on “Add OpenVPN/L2TP”.
Further, you have to provide all the required information. Once you are done select “connect” and you’re ready to use VPN. Let’s have a look at the step by step instruction.
- Click your account photo from the bottom-right corner.
- Open Settings.
- Click on the “Add Connection” option.
- Now click on “Add OpenVPN/L2Tp”.
- Type the required and select “Connect”.
How to set up a VPN on windows 10?
User can set up a VPN service on windows 10 using the PPTP protocol. Now go to the Network Settings on your windows 10. Once you entered the Network Settings click on the VPN and choose to add a VPN Connection. Once you click on the option a new window pops up where you have to fill up the required information. In the VPN provider choose “Windows (built-in)” and choose “Point to Point Tunneling Protocol” for VPN type. For other fields info, you have to contact your VPN provider. Once all the steps are completed select the newly created VPN from the list and click on “Connect” Button and surf the internet without any restriction. Here is the step by step process for setting a VPN on windows 10.
- Go To Network Settings > VPN > Add a Connection.
- Provide all the required info from your service provider. Select “Windows (built-in)” for VPN provider and choose “Point to Point Tunneling” for VPN type.
- Click on “Save”.
- Select the newly created VPN connection and click the “Connect” button.
How to set up a VPN on IOS?
To setup, a VPN connection on your IOS device follow these step by step process.
- Open the Settings on your IOS.
- Go to General > VPN > Add VPN Configuration > Type and choose the PPTP protocol.
- Now go back and fill up all the required info. Contact your service provider for info.
- Now click on “Done”.
- At last toggle, the Status switch on.
How to set up a VPN on macOS?
Now to set up a VPN on macOS, go to Apple menu. Select the System Preferences from the menu and click on the Network option. You will see a plus “+” sign, click on it. Now choose “VPN” and select what kind of VPN connection you want to set up and click “Create”. Once you provide all the information from the service provider click on the “Authentication Settings”, fill out all the required fields, click Ok and tap on Connect to establish a connection. Here is the step by step process to establish a VPN connection on macOS.
- Go to Apple Menu.
- Select System Preferences > Network Option.
- Click on “+” icon and select “VPN”.
- Select the type of VPN you want to set up.
- Provide VPN service a name and click “Create”.
- Type account name and server address.
- Fill up all the fields by clicking “Authentication Settings”.
- Click on “Ok” and tap on “Connect” to establish the connection.
This is how we set up VPN service in our devices. Hope we are able to solve your problem related to setting a VPN. If you have any questions related to VPN then feel free to leave a comment. We are here to help you with your query.