Moments after the new Samsung Galaxy Note 8 was announced, potential buyers were already asking “Is the Note 8 safe?” and “Will the Note 8 explode?”. The production of last year’s Note 7 stopped due to its battery exploding causing damage to property and people. All the units that user bought were recalled and the phone was banned on flights. So what about this year’s Note? Will it repeat the same fate like its predecessor? Or, Is Samsung Galaxy Note 8 safe?
Is Samsung Galaxy Note 8 safe?
Samsung had a year to take necessary steps to make the Note 8 safer and they are taking a lot of steps to ensure that to their customers. Note 8 was put in a series to test to ensure the device and the battery was ready for consumers, and most importantly it as safe to operate. Here are the Galaxy Note 8 battery tests Samsung used to make sure it is safe and won’t explode or catch fire while operating;
- Durability Test: More frequent battery testing that includes overcharging, puncturing and extreme temps.
- Visual Inspection: Each battery is checked to make sure it is safe.
- X-Ray: Samsung performs an X-Ray test to make sure there are no internal abnormalities.
- Disassembling test: Take the battery apart to check quality and safety.
- OCV Test: Check for changes in voltage throughout manufacturing.
- Charge/Discharge Test: Large-scale charging and discharging tests.
- TVOC: Testing to make sure there isn’t any possibility of leaking.
- Accelerated Usage Test: Simulated accelerated consumer usage scenarios.
Sanjeev Jesudas, the President of UL International stated “We have been closely working with Samsung to make meaningful advancements in the science of smartphone quality and safety evaluation. As a result, the Note 8 has successfully completed a rigorous series of device and battery safety compatibility test protocols. We look forward to maintaining our strategic relationship with Samsung to help ensure device safety for all consumers.”
[quote bcolor=”#3ea3c1″ arrow=”yes”]
- How to fix Galaxy Note 8 battery life?
- How to use Home button to take screenshots?
- How to lock Android with double tap?