If anyone asks me why I choose Android over any other platform, I always make sure to include its customizability among tons of other advantages and conveniences. You can basically personalize each inch of your Android. You can even customize the lock screen with the help of lock screen widgets. And if you use 3rd party lock screen, then the possibility of customizations increases furthermore. But some users might have a hard time using the widgets on some Android devices. They might face an issue that prevents them from enabling lock screen widgets on Android. Fortunately, we can help you fix that issue. Here’s how to fix cannot enable lock screen widgets.
Fix Cannot Enable Lock Screen Widgets
Widgets on Android, in the simplest terms, is a gadget that lets you control a certain aspect of the app or display certain data without having to open the app itself. However, it is not a shortcut for an app. they might look like mini-apps but they are not. They are more than an icon but less than an app. These widgets can be interactive, resizable, and customizable.
Before we learn the troubleshooting steps to perform when we’re unable to enable lock screen widgets, let’s see how we can enable them first. Follow the steps below:
- Open the Settings app.
- Locate and tap on Lock Screen. On some phones, the location of Lock Screen settings might vary. For example, on a Samsung device, Lock Screen settings can be found inside Device settings.
- Select Lock Screen Widgets.
- Enable it.
- Play around with the settings to customize the lock screen as per your preferences. Note that you may need to allow certain permissions to make lock screen widgets work.
To add widgets on the lock screen:
- Lock your Android.
- Wake up your Android but stay on the lock screen.
- Tap on the plus icon. If you can’t find it, try swiping left or right.
- Choose a widget from the list. You can add multiple widgets too.
Note that this procedure might differ based on the device and manufacturer.
What to do if you can seem to enable or add lock screen widgets?
The first thing you can do is uninstall the widget if you’ve downloaded it from the Google Play Store. To do so, open Play Store > Search for the widget > Uninstall. After removing the widget, install it again and see if that works.
If you installed it from a 3rd party store, then you need to go to Settings > Apps. Find the widget and uninstall it.
Transfer to Internal Storage
Android doesn’t allow widgets that are installed on the SD card. If your device has both internal and expandable storage, then this might be the reason for this issue. The widget might be installed on your external storage. To transfer it to internal storage:
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on Apps.
- Find the widget and tap on it.
- Tap on Storage.
- Select Internal Storage.
- Restart your Android.
So, this is it. I hope one of the 2 fixes worked for you.