Android’s Notification shade plays a great deal in productivity. But sometimes, notifications get bundled up. So you end up clearing them without giving it a look. Think you might have missed something important? Now easily recover lost notifications in your Android device.
In Android devices, Notification Log allows you to view all your notification history. The Android Notification History was introduced with Android 4.3 Jellybean. Thus, it is accessible only from Android 4.3 Jellybean and in higher Android Versions. Here’s how you can recover lost notifications and access them.
Only Stock Android Users can access the Android Notification History. Nevertheless, for other devices, you need to approach the alternative app-based solution.
#1. Enable Developer Options
You will need to access a secret settings options to view the notification log (and even other system notification). In order to enable developer mode:
- Go to Settings >> About Phone
- Tap on the Build number several times.
- After 3 or 4 taps, you’ll get an on-screen notification to let you know that you are a developer
Enabling the developer mode, adds a new section in your Settings menu.
#2. Recover Lost Notifications via Notification History
After you have enabled the developer mode, you can access the notification log on your device. To do so:
- Go to Android Home Screen
- Long Tap on empty space >> Tap on Widgets
- Swipe left/scroll down to find the Settings shortcut widget
- Tap the widget. In some devices, you will need to drag it to the home screen
- In the Settings shortcut menu, scroll down and tap Notification log
Now you have a notification log widget on your home screen. Click on the widget to access the lost notifications.
If you’re an Android Jellybean user, here’s how you can view notifications after they are gone.
How did you recover lost notifications, when accidentally deleting them? Do let us know in the comment sections below.