[dropcap]Y[/dropcap]ouTube is the world most popular video-sharing website. This website lets users to upload, view, shares videos. There are other many features as well as advantage of YouTube. I think most you have experience that YouTube will automatically pauses the video when you switch to another app or just go to home screen. Whether it is Android device or iOS device YouTube app won’t let you play videos in background. Don’t worry. Today, I will show you How To Play YouTube Videos In Background.
How To Play YouTube Videos In Background
There are three ways to play YouTube videos in background. I will show you all the three ways. Just choose any of them which you feel easy and convenient. I personally use the third method.
Using YouTube Red
You can play YouTube videos in background using YouTube Red. All you need to do is purchases a YouTube Red subscription, which costs $9.99 per month. It has many other features like Ad-free videos, Save offline etc besides playing the video in background. You can play video in the background even when you open different apps or turn off the screen.
There are many apps available in Google play store that will help you to play the video in background. Some of the popular apps that help to play the video in background are Audio Rocket Beta, Audio Pocket, FireTube etc. All you need to do is download the app from Play store and use the app according to the instruction of the app. There are also some apps like OG YouTube, xPosed Module for the Rooted phone.
For Android Devices: [Using Mozilla Firefox]
This is the most easy and convenient way to play the video in background.
- Go to the Play Store on your device.
- Search Firefox Browser for Android and then download the app.
- After that- Go to YouTube, Play the video that you like to play in background.
- Then Tap on the share button and copy the URL of the video
- Now go to the Mozilla Firefox >> Paste the URL in the search bar and enter
- Also Enable the Desktop Mode: (To enable to Desktop Mode follow below step)
- Tap on the three dots on the upper right side of the screen
- Find the Request Desktop Site option and click on it.
You can now play the video in background even if you switch to other app or turn off the screen. So basically we are playing video in browser rather than playing in the YouTube app. This won’t work with other browser (especially with Google chrome).
For iOS Devices: [Using Safari]
Since iOS devices has safari browser pre-installed, we don’t need to download Mozilla Firefox. But Mozilla Firefox also works perfectly fine.
- Go to YouTube app, Play the video that you like to play in background.
- Tap on the share button and copy the URL of the video
- Now go to the safari >> open the YouTube website
- Paste the URL in YouTube search bar
When you press the home button the video is paused, now here is the trick.
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen >> control centre will appear
- Now click on the Play button
You are now able to play the video in background even if you switch to other app or turn off the screen.
[quote bcolor=”red”] Note: If you Paste the URL in the search bar of safari, a pop-up box will appear asking you to open the video in “YouTube app”. Don’t press OK otherwise you’re video will be played in YouTube app and you won’t be able to play the video in background. [/quote]
So, these are some of the ways to Play YouTube Videos in Background.
[quote bcolor=”orange” arrow=”yes”]Also Read:
- How to Restore Expired YouTube Offline Videos
- How to watch YouTube videos in Offline mode. (Without Internet Connection)
- How to Sign Out or Switch/Change the accounts in Google Play Store? [/quote]