With the official release of the Android 5.0 Lollipop, you may have been wondering if your Android smartphone or tablet gets it. Though the brand new version of Android is now available only in the Nexus 6 and Nexus 9 tablet (which are not even sold yet), if you are curious about which of the smartphones are getting the update, here is the list of smartphones confirmed to get Android 5.0 Lollipop, as far as we know:
- Google has already announced that the Nexus 5, Nexus 4, Nexus 7 tablet , Nexus 10 tablet and all the recent Google Play Edition smartphones will get the Android 5.0 Lollipop update.
- Motorola has also stated that all the Moto series smartphones (both versions of Moto G and Moto X, Moto G 4G LTE and the Moto E), Droid Ultra, Droid Maxx and Droid Mini will get the update.
- HTC has promised long before that all the One series smartphones will get the update within two months.
- As Google had informed that all the phones under Android One will get all updates for two years, we expect to see the Android 5.0 Lollipop in these devices too. Till now, the Spice Dream Uno, Micromax Canvas A1 and Karbonn Sparkle V are the smartphones under Android One.
- Sony had stated that its entire Z series smartphones will get the update. Which means,the Sony Xperia Z, Xperia Tablet Z, Zperia Z1S, Xperia Z1 Compact, Xperia Z3V, Xperia Z ultra, Xperia Z3, Xperia Z3 compact, Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact, Xperia Z ultra GPE, Xperia Z1, Xperia Z2 and Xperia Z2 Tablet are confirmed to get the new version of Android till date. It was also stated that the Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition will be the first one to get the update.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 GPE, Galaxy Note 4, Galaxy Note Edge, Galaxy S5, Galaxy S5 Mini, Galaxy Alpha, Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy TabPRO 8.4, Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1, Galaxy Tab 12.2 Pro, Galaxy Tab S 8.4 , Galaxy Tab S 10.5 are the smartphones by Samsung for which the Android 5.0 Lollipop is guaranteed.
- The LG G Pad 8.3 GPE – pending, LG G3, LG G3 Stylus, LG G2, LG G Pad 8.3, LG G2 Mini, LG G Flex will also get this new edition of Android.
- Asus has announced that its ZenFone4, ZenFone5, ZenFone6, ZenFone 5 LTE, PadfoneS, and the new PadFone Infinity will get the update by April 2015.
Though these are the major brands’ list of smartphones confirmed to get the Android 5.0 Lollipop, there are so many other brands (and the other mid-end or lowly smartphones of the brands listed above too) which will get the update. We’ll update you with any information available. Stay connected. You can comment below the name of device you’re using, and your opinion about the device getting the update.