It’s been a while since the launch of the new flagship, Xperia Z2 by Sony in MWC 2014, and the beast has come up with a lot of very high-end specs in the market. Here we’ve come up with the detailed Xperia Z2 review.
Xperia has defined what Xperia-nce is all about in android. This has been much awaited and Sony did not disappoint at all. We all know about the Snapdragon, the screen, camera and other great features of the phone but what makes it a winner is- Constant innovation in the design unlike plastic band aid design that looks like entry level phones. You really feel proud to carry this around. It looks premium and has a strong accessorial quotient.The pros and cons of the smartphone are listed as:
1) 3GB of RAM. This is enough for however large numbers of game you play, or however number of applications you use. The plus point is it has lots of available RAM, because the UI of this phone has not much bloatwares, which means the UI won’t kill your phone’s RAM much.
2) No bloatware stuffed UI that some Korean companies are trying to sell as path breaking innovation. The Sony UI is simplistic and oriented with respect to convenience and fast operation.
3) It is really waterproof and not just spill proof unlike a plastic phone. ( IP58 certified – dust proof and water resistant over 1 meter and 30 minutes). You’ll never have the fear of your phone getting ruined by water or dust, and having no fear is always a great experience.
4) Music and movies, i mean especially the sound is a SONY thing. You need to experience it, it is awesome! (the Sony Audio is famous for its bass since centuries)
5) A 20.7 MP primary camera with Image stabilization, with a video recording upto 2160p @ 30fps is obviously a great experience! Everyone knows about Sony camera, there’s no need to mention. There’s a 2.2 MP front shooter, which is not that huge, but OK. Ypu won’t use the front camera that much, and whenever you use, the camera provided will work fine.
6) No cheating in internal memory. You get almost 16 GB as mentioned in the papers. In case of expandable storage, you’ll have a microSD slot which supports upto 128 GB (really huge) and hence, there is no need to mention elsewhere that you’ll ever run out of memory, no matter how much data you put, and how much games you install.
I still feel the price is a bit more (it has a price tag of about $691, and Rs. 49,ooo in India). But looking at the popular competitors, a premium and genuine device priced little higher makes sense.
It is said that making a brand is about making great things and a little talking. However some leading companies are doing the opposite and thinking they will survive forever. No, they have already started to go down and hard work and a will to make something good, will only survive and this is what Sony has done with Z2.
Z2 is not a phone, its a story of triumph. It is a story that describes how to win a market that was flooded with cheap plastic phones being sold at unreasonable prices with people going mad over them.
From having almost no market to having a significant market share and respectable position; this is what Sony has done in the last 2 years in the smartphone market.
Marketing without substance does not last forever. Other mainstream brands now should really learn a lot from Sony.