After about three months from the release of Sony flagship, the giant Xperia Z2, one of the XDA Developers DooMLoRD has now developed a method to root Sony Xperia Z2. For the geeks and nerds, this is certainly a good news, since the users of the Sony Xperia Z2 will get all the root access, and play with the device in the way they want by rooting the phone. No method was available till date, and the users were waiting desperately for the method to root Sony Xperia Z2. The root is at present available for Windows based PC only, and will be available for linux/mac in the near future (let’s hope within a few days). Here, we are providing you with the details on how to root Sony Xperia Z2. Follow the following tutorial:
- A Sony Xperia Z2 running on Android 4.4.2 OS (you need not to worry for this, since the Xperia Z2 had launched with pre-installed Android 4.4.2 KitKat. The phone will require to run the 17.1.A.2.55 or 17.1.A.2.69 versions of firmware though!
- A windows PC, with ADB tools installed. If you don’t have this, download the tool from here.
- Ensure that USB debugging and installation from unknown sources is on in your device. To enable USB debugging, you need to get access to the developer options, and you can see our article on how to get access to developer options.
- Make sure your phone has at least 60% charge. If not, plug in your device now.
- After you’ve fulfilled all the above given requirements, download the rootkit from here, and extract to your pc.
- Plug in your device to your computer via USB.
- Using Command Prompt, head to the location you extracted the rootkit and run the RUNME.bat file.
- Read and follow the instructions on screen.
- Reboot your device after the script has finished running.
Your Sony Xperia Z2 has now been rooted. Now you can get access to all the features and play with your device without having application limits. This is what the superuser does.