You may at many points of time, want to transfer files between a PC and Android device. For example, you may want to watch your favorite video in your Android device which may at the very moment located only in your PC, and you may want to save all the images and songs which are in your Android device in your PC. There are many methods to do it (you can use the USB cable, or Bluetooth), but not all the times you can use these features. You can have your USB lost, or your PC may not have the Bluetooth. At that times, you can use WiFi to transfer files between a PC and Android device you use, and here we are suggesting a guide, which is given step-wise on how to do it.
- The first thing you will be required to do is to download and install an app named AirDroid in your Android device from the Google Play Store. After you have done this, launch the app.
- You can see the tour which the app shows for the first time users, or skip if you don’t want to see it.
- After you’ve done this, you’ll see an web URL and IP address on the app. Note them down as you’ll need that web address to connect your Android device through your computer’s web browser.
- Open your desk web browser and enter the web address stated on the app which is web.airdroid.com. The link will take you to AirDroid’s web desktop panel.
- Tap on the ‘scan QR code’ in your Android device, and scan the code which is given in your PC desktop. You’ll need a QR code scanner for this, and if you don’t have one, you can create an account through your e-mail or facebook/twitter.
You’re done now. You have connected your Android device to your PC successfully, and can transfer files between a PC and Android device using WiFi freely. To do this, go to your AirDroid web desktop interface and click the ‘Files’ icon. You can select any files or folders. To send the files to your Android, select ‘upload’ and to recieve the files from Android, click ‘download. You can close the files window and disconnect through the AirDroid app, whenever you are done to transfer files between a PC and Android.
[quote bcolor=”#81d742″ arrow=”yes”]Also Read:
How to see who is stealing your WiFi ?[/quote]