How many of you have faced the error “Unfortunately, Messaging has stopped” error in your smartphone? Probably many of us. The error “Unfortunately, Messaging has stopped” error is one of the common error occurring in any of the Android smartphones. This error occurs mostly in Samsung galaxy series including j7, s7, s8, and Sony Xperia. In this article, we will be discussing what are its causes and how to fix such errors.
There are lots of users who are going through this issue daily. The reason behind the error may be different to different users. Some of the possible solutions are listed below. Try them and Fix “Unfortunately, Messaging has stopped” Error in Android
Before jumping to main methods. Try some of the basic solutions, it may solve your issue.
Re-start your device
Sometime just by re-starting your device can solve the issue. So, why not try this once. To re-start your device:
- Unlock the screen of the devices.
- Press and hold the “Power” button until a menu appears.
- Select “Power off“.
- Wait for the device to power off.
- Wait 10 seconds, then press and hold the “Power” button to power the device back ON.
- Now see if this fixes your error or not.
Delete Some of the Messages
This error can be caused due to the overload of messages in your app. There are lots of users who have reported that the error is caused due to large collection of messages. Simply delete some of the messages, if possible you can delete all messages. So, that you will know whether the error is caused due to overload of messages or not.
Fix “Unfortunately, Messaging has stopped” Error in Android
Method 1: Clear Cache and Data of Messaging app
- Go to Setting>> Go to Application Setting (In some devices application setting is named as apps).
- Go to, All the apps > >Find the Messages app >> Clear Cache and Data
- Once you have cleared everything. Next you need to Force Stop the application.
- Now, Restart your device and check whether the error is solved or not.
This method will let you know whether the third-party application is causing the error or not. In the safe mode, all third-party apps are disabled so we can detect the problem is with third-party app or other.
- Press and hold the Power button
- You will see different Power option on your screen
- Now press and hold the Power Off option continuously
- After few second, you will get a pop-up box asking you to restart the device in Safe Mode
- Tap OK
As soon as the device opens in Safe Mode, check whether the error is solved or not. If there is no error then third-party app may be causing error. So, try uninstalling the recently downloaded app and see whether the error is fixed or not.
Method 3: Wipe cache partition from Recovery Mode
- First turn off the phone >> Press volume up and power button together to go to Recovery Mode
(It depends upon the phone that you are using to go to Recovery Mode. For some phone, pressing volume Up and Down with power button at the same time helps to go in Recovery Mode. Just find out which one works for your device to enter in Recovery Mode).
- After that Recovery Mode will appear with many options >> use volume up and down to control the screen and power button to press ok.
- Select wipe cache partition >> press power button and it will then start cleaning the cache.
- A message will appear after the completion >> Select reboot system now and it will start rebooting your device.
Now your device has wiped the cache and you can use the device like previously without error. This process may erase the save data of the app.
Useful Tip: If you are still facing the error then I would suggest you to install a third-party messaging app from Google Play Store. Also Disable the previous messaging app and make the third-party app as your default messaging app.
Method 4: Factory Reset your Device
This is the last method you have got to solve the issue. There is maximum chances that Factory Resetting you device should fix your issue.
So, these are some of the methods to Fix “Unfortunately, Messaging has stopped” Error in Android. Hopefully, you have solved the error by now. Let me know which one worked for you.