Android 7.0 Nougat is out and in my opinion, Google really put in some hard work with this one. However, some petty errors are bound to slip through even if Google is delivering constant updates. But they are simple enough for you to solve it yourself. Some users have reported having lags on their Nexus after the update. Here’s how to fix Android Nougat Performance Problem.
Fix Android Nougat Performance Problem
Solution 1: The easiest way to fix this problem is to clear the cache partition of your Nexus. You can do so by following the steps below:
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Down and Power keys at the same time for about 10 seconds.
- An image of an Android lying on its back will appear.
- Press the Volume Down key twice until “Recovery mode” appears on the screen.
- Press the Power key to restart in “Recovery mode.”
- An image of an Android with a red triangle will appear.
- Press the Power key and Volume Up keys simultaneously.
- Use the Volume keys to scroll to “wipe data cache partition” and press the Power key to select.
Solution 2: Most of the performance issues and lag are caused an active app consuming too much RAM. Monitor your RAM usage and uninstall or disable the app that has been consuming all your RAM. You can find the app on Settings > Apps > slide to right till you see Running.
Solution 3: Check your storage space. If it is full or almost full, it’s highly probable that that is causing the lag and performance issues. Clear up some space and the your OS breathe. If your device has card slot, I recommend buying a microSD card with abundant storage.
You can now take your device with newly installed Android 7.0 Nougat for a ride without any performance issue. Note that this fix is for Nexus devices as Android N is available for them and other manufacturers tend to tweak their devices and put in their own skin and modifications. So if you have a Samsung device and facing this problem, wait for then to fix it. This fix may however work for all devices.
[quote bcolor=”#3ea3c1″ arrow=”yes”]
- How to fix Android Nougat Installation Problem
- How to improve GPS signal on Android
- How to fix Android Nougat WiFi Problem