Sony Xperia Z3 users may not get the official Android 7.0 Nougat but you can still flash a custom ROM. AOSP Android 7.0 is now available for Sony Xperia Z3 with complete stock Nougat experience. Follow the guide below to update Sony Xperia Z3 to Android N.
How to update Sony Xperia Z3 to Android N
- Backup all you data. Manual flashing requires you to factory reset your device.
- Fastboot and ADB must be configured on your PC. Follow this guide to setup ADB on Windows and Mac.
- Your device must be rooted and boot loader should be unlocked and should have a working custom recovery.
- Your device must have at least 60% battery.
- Android 7.0 AOSP custom firmware. You can get it from here.
- Connect your Xperia Z3 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your devices SD card. Paste it somewhere easily accessible.
- Copy the boot.img file extracted from the Android 7.0 AOSP zip file to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory.
- Switch off your device and disconnect the cable.
- Now enter Bootloader mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume Up button while connecting the phone with a USB cable. Phone LED will turn blue.
- Now, navigate to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory and open Command Prompt with Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt.
- Run the following commands:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot reboot and press Enter.
7.Enter in the Recovery Mode. To do so, switch on the phone while pressing the Volume Up button a few times.
- Wipe data from the CWM recovery menu. To do so, select wipe data / factory reset. Also from Advanced, wipe dalvik cache. Also, clean cache from wipe cache partition.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard and then choose zip from sdcard. Locate the Android 7.0 AOSP custom firmware and flash.
- Reboot your device into the new custom ROM.
- First boot may take 5 minutes so don’t panic.
[quote bcolor=”#3ea3c1″ arrow=”yes”]
- How to fix Android Nougat Installation Problem
- How to fix Android Nougat Performance Problem
- How to fix Android Nougat WiFi Problem
Subscribe to our newsletter to be the first to receive information about software updates for your Xperia™ device.