Error retrieving information from server [RPC:S-3:AEC-0] is one of the common Error in Google Play Store. This error basically occurs when you try to update or download the app from Play Store. Many of the time this error simply vanish with just one /two try or even rebooting the Phone. But, If you are among one of them who are still receiving this error message then you have come to right place. Here, I will let you know some of the methods to solve the issue. Let’s start.
How to Fix Error retrieving information from server [RPC:S-3:AEC-0]
Method 1: Clear Cache and Data
- Go to Setting >> Go to Application Setting (In some devices application setting is named as apps).
- Go to, All the apps > >Find the Google Play Store>> Clear Cache and Data
- Once you have cleared everything. Next, you need to Force Stop the application.
- Similarly, Find the Google Play Service >> Clear Cache and Data
- Also, Find Google Services Framework>> Clear Cache and data
- Next find Downloads >> Clear Cache and data
- Now, Restart your device and try to download the app.
I hope your Error is fixed by this method. If you are still getting the error then go to next method.
Method 2: Remove and Add Google Account
- Go to Setting >> Accounts >> Google
- Remove all your Google accounts
- Go back to Google play store and Sign–in your account information
- Accept all the Google terms and setup Google settings then Run Google Play Store and download the app
If you are able to fix the error then the job is done otherwise head to next method.
Alternative Methods to Solve Error [RPC:S-3:AEC-0] :
Method 1: Check your Date and Time
In many of the cases it has found that the error is caused due to wrong Date and Time. So, make sure you have the current date and time. Also an additional tip is given below. You can follow that in case your Date and Time is correct.
- Go to Settings >>Date & Time
- Enable Automatic Date and Time.
Now, check the Google Play store, if you are getting the error or not. If you are not able to fix the issue also try below steps.
- Set the device to manual and set year to 4 years (wrong date) in the future then open to the Google Play Store.
- Once the Google Play Store download the app.
- Go back to time settings and reset to Automatic
- [In some case: users have Manually changed the date and time, so that they are correct after the process of changing the date and time to wrong and again making the Date and Time in Automatic mode]
Method 2: Factory Reset your Phone
This is the last method to get rid of the issue but I would recommend not to reset your phone unless there is no other option. Resetting your phone will erase all the data and information, downloaded app and all such things but you can back up your data and information, app and other thing before resetting the phone.
- Go to Setting >> Scroll down and select Backup & reset option
- Once you click Backup & reset >> Other option will appear
- Click on Factory Data reset
You will get your Phone system fresh as if you have just brought it because all the setting and other stuff like that you will need to set again and it will surely fix the error of your device.
So, these are some of the method to fix the Error retrieving information from server [RPC:S-3:AEC-0] in Google play store.