There are so many things you could do to/with your Android that its inevitable to be unaware of some. Its highly customizable nature makes it the King of smart devices’ market. Below are some of the things you can do with your Android that you may not be aware of. Since Android has a diverse ecosystem and all the devices are unique in their own way, some of the tricks mention below may not work the same on all devices. Here are some Android tricks, including how to make it easy to update apps.
Easy to update apps
Most of us open the Play Store app just for the updates, and maybe occasional app hunting. On the newest update, they’ve added a feature called “App Shortcuts”. It allows you to long press on an app to jump straight to a specific section of the app. Using this feature, you can at “My Apps” shortcut directly on your home screen. Follow the steps below;
- Put the Play Store app on the home screen.
- Tap and hold the icon.
- Tap and hold the My Apps shortcut.
- Drop it on the home screen.
App Info from the Recent Apps
Every app on your Android has its own App Info page, where you can disable, uninstall, clear its cache, etc. This page comes in use when an app is not responding properly. However, going to the App Info screen can be tiresome every time an app misbehaves. Thankfully, there is now a quicker way.
- Open Recent apps.
- Long press the app icon.
- You’ll either jump right to its App Info screen or may have to press the information icon.
If your phone is full of sensitive information, or you just hate it when people get mosy with your phone, you can use the Screen Pinning feature to make it impossible for someone to leave the app and browse through your stuff. Here’s how;
- Open Settings.
- Go to Security section.
- Find either Screen Pinning or Screen Pin.
- Enable it.
- Also, enable the screen lock option.
- Open the app you want to “Screen Pin”.
- Go to Recent apps and scroll up to see the pin.
- Tap the pin and you’re good to go.
[quote bcolor=”#3ea3c1″ arrow=”yes”]