Google Local Guide is a global community of explorers sharing their discoveries on Google Maps. It allows its users to contribute to Google Maps. User can review places, add photos, answer questions, update information with place edits, add missing places, verify information by checking facts and so on. The contributors can improve their levels and rankings among the Google Local Guide community simply by posting these information. Each level also allows the user to qualify for different events and activities within the Local Guide community.
Nowadays, creating and optimizing a Google My Business profile is vital for any business to succeed – particularly local businesses with physical stores , warehouses, etc. The crowd-sourced materials, photos and reviews from Google Local Guide are beneficial to such businesses.
Benefits: Google Local Guide
The Google Local Guide rankings have the following benefits:
Level 1: 0+ points
- Get the inside scoop with Google’s monthly newsletter
- Join Google-hosted workshops and Hangouts
- In select countries, enter into exclusive contests for Local Guides
- Join the conversation at Local Guides Connect
Level 2: 5+ points
- Early access to new Google products and features
- Promote meet-ups on the Local Guides calendar
Level 3: 50+ points
- Get noticed with your Local Guides badge in Google Maps
- Be eligible to receive promotion of unofficial communities
Level 4: 200+ points
- Receive free Google Drive storage for one year
- Be eligible to be featured on Google’s official online channels: Google+, Facebook, Twitter, and more
- Guides get three months of free access to Google Play Music and 75% off rentals in the Google Play Movie store. Offer availability varies by country and must be redeemed by November 30, 2017.
Level 5: 500+ points
- For Trusted Testing opportunities — access Google products and features
- Attend the Google Local Guide Level 5 summit
There are five ways to earn points to grow your Google Guide status, and each action earns you 1 point, so it can take some time to reach those higher levels.
- Upload a photo
- Add a new location
- Fix an error on an existing location
- Answer a question
How to become a Google Local Guide?
The Google Local Guide program is a huge community of more than 30 million members. It tactfully gamifies its users’ contributions for mutual benefit. To get started, simply follow the following steps:
- Open Google Maps
- Click the Menu >> Your contributions
- Click on Your Name
Your points will appear in your profile. After you make a contribution, it may take up to 24 hours for your points to appear on your profile.
For more information on Google Local Guide, click here.
Has the Google Local Guide been useful to you? If you aren’t one, are you interested in being a Google Local Guide? Let us know in the comments below.