The error code 495 occurred while attempting to download apps or games in the Google Play Store over WiFi. When downloading the same apps with mobile data, it seems to work fine in my case. Don’t worry, the fix for the error 495 is quite simple and many users have successfully applied the solutions mentioned in this post.
Quick & Easy Way To fix the error code 495 in your device, just try these steps:
- Go to Settings>> Application Manager or Apps>> Open “All” apps
- From the list of apps find Google Play store >>Clear Data and Clear Cache
- From the list of apps find Google Service Framework >> Clear Data and Clear Cache
- Now install or update the app from Google Play Store
- If it still didn’t work try uninstalling Google Play Store updates first
- Go to system settings>> Accounts>>Google>>remove your Gmail account.
- Now from settings>>Apps>>All> Force stop, Clear data and cache for Google Play Store, Google Service Framework and Download Manager (like in method 1).
- Now again go to settings>> Accounts>>Google>>Add your Gmail account.
- Restart your android and then accept all the Google terms and setup Google settings.
- Rerun Google Play Store and update or install your app.
Method 3: Installing a VPN app
- Install VPN application such as Hideman VPN app from Google Play Store.
- Now open the app and select the US as the country of connection and press connect.
- Open Google Play Store and Download an app.
To install the VPN app in your device, you can sideload it, or use different app stores. Here’s How to Install 3rd Party (Outside Google Play Store) Apps on Android.
These fixes method should solve the problem for the error code 495 in the Google Play Store. Also share your thoughts on comment below that how you solve this error 495 with your smartphone name and model so that it can be helpful to others.
Recently this error 495 on play store occurred widely on PUBG games app on many smartphone too and it can be easily fixed by above mentioned methods.