The error code 495 occurred while attempting to download or update apps or games in the Google Play Store over WiFi. It can say “App could not be downloaded due to an error (495)”. When downloading the same apps with mobile data, it seems to work fine in my case. Don’t worry, the fix for the error 495 is quite simple and many users have successfully applied the solutions mentioned in this post.
What is Error Code 495?
Error Code 495 is a numeric identification of error which generally occurs in android smart devices while trying to download/update and install a mobile application from the Google Play Store.
Methods To Fix the error code 495
Method 1: Clear Google Play Store and Google Service Framework Data
- Go to Settings >> Application Manager or Apps>> Open “All” apps
- From the list of apps find Google Play store >> Clear Data and Clear Cache
- From the list of apps find Google Service Framework >> Clear Data and Clear Cache
- Now install or update the app from Google Play Store
- If it still didn’t work try uninstalling Google Play Store updates first.
You should be able to fix the error by now. But, if you are not able to fix the Google Play Store error 495 then move to the second method which is mentioned below.
Method 2: Add and Remove Your Gmail Account
- Go to system settings >> Accounts >> Google >> remove your Gmail account.
- Now from settings >> Apps >> All > Force stop, Clear data and cache for Google Play Store, Google Service Framework and Download Manager (like in method 1).
- Now again go to settings >> Accounts >> Google >> Add your Gmail account.
- Restart your android and then accept all the Google terms and setup Google settings.
- Rerun the Google Play Store and update or install your app.
Hopefully, this method should solve your error issue. Most of the users are able to fix this problem using the mentioned method correctly.
Method 3: Installing a VPN app
- Install VPN application such as Hideman VPN app from Google Play Store.
- Now open the app and select the US as the country of connection and press connect.
- Open the Google Play Store and download an app.
To install the VPN app in your device, you can sideload it, or use different app stores. Here’s How to Install 3rd Party (Outside Google Play Store) Apps on Android.
Some Others Alternatives:
- Go to Settings >> Data usage >> choose Network Restrictions (Get it from the menu) >> Turn it off for your Wi-Fi.
- Go to Settings >> Apps >> three-dot menu >> Reset app preferences. (You will also need to re-add the Google account)
These fixes method should solve the problem for the error code 495 in the Google Play Store. Also, share your thoughts on the comment below that how you solve this error 495 with your smartphone name and model so that it can be helpful to others.
Recently this error 495 on play store occurred widely on PUBG games app on many smartphones too and it can be easily fixed by above-mentioned methods.