The world’s most popular mobile operating system(OS) is Android as it is customizable, easy to use and works perfectly with all the apps. We get new features and the updates time to time but there are certainly some bugs and the user face different types of error messages. Error 963 is also one among them. This error generally occurs when you try to install or update the applications in your device. Today, I will show you some of the method to get rid of the error 963. Before we learn how to fix this error, we need to know the reason behind the error.
Reason for the Error 963:
- SD Card: If the app is downloaded in your SD Card then you may see error 963.
- App Cache: Play Store app cache and data may be corrupted so that you see error 963.
- Play Store Version: Updated Play Store version can also give you this error message.
How To Fix Error 963:
Now, as we know the reason behind the Error 963, Let’s find out How To Fix Error 963 by following the given methods.
Method 1: Clear Cache of the app
Google Play Store and app cache /data may be corrupted so that we see error 963. Clearing the cache/data may fix the error. So let’s try clearing the app cache and data. Just follow the step to clear the cache and data.
- Go to Settings >> Apps >> All
- Select Play Store >> Clear Cache & Data.
- Select the app that was showing the error and Clear cache and data.
Now Restart your device and try to download the app. If the Caches were the problem, your error must be fixed. If not then try the next method.
Method 2: Unmount SD Card
Unmounting SD Card on your device might just help you fix the error.
- Go to Setting >> Storage >> Scroll down and select “Unmount SD card”
- Open Google Play Store >> Download the app again that was giving you the error message
- After successful installation, Go back to Settings >> Storage >> tap on “mount SD card”
- If above steps didn’t work, also try removing your SD card before installing.
[quote bcolor=”blue” arrow=”yes”]Note: If the app which is giving you error message is in SD Card, then you should first try to move it to Internal storage and then try updating the app.
To do so, Go to Settings > Apps > All > Select the App > Move to Internal Storage. [/quote]
Method 3: Downgrade Google play store
There are possibility that the latest Google Play Store update is causing the error. Most of the users have faced this error after updating their Play Store. There are chances that the updated Version of Google play store may have Compatibility Issues. So in this case, you need to downgrade the Google Play Store. Just follow the step to downgrade the Google Play Store.
- Go to Setting >> Go to Application Setting (In some devices application setting is named as apps).
- Go to, All the apps > >Find the Google Play Store >> Uninstall Updates
- Now Restart your device and try to download the app.
This method has worked most of the time and it should also work for you. Just in case, this doesn’t work then try below method. It may solve your issue.
Method 4: Remove Google account
- Go to Setting >> Accounts >> Google
- Remove all your Google accounts
- Go back to Google play store and Sign in your account information
- Accept all the Google terms and setup Google settings then Run Google Play Store and download the app.
So, these are some of the method to Fix the error 963. Hopefully, your problem is solved by now. Which method worked for you share with us, it may help other users also.
[quote bcolor=”red” arrow=”yes”] Also Read:
- Uses of NFC
- How To Fix Parse Error “There was a problem parsing the package”
- iPhone SE amazes with it’s specs and price
- How to Fix Google Play Store Error 907