Ask any parent and you’ll come to know the desire of every parent. It is managing the use of technology ty their children. It is not only their desire but also the need of the time. The American Association of Pediatrics (AAP) instructs parents to limit the time that children use electronic devices (television, computer, cell phone, or tablet) to one to two hours a day at most. However, currently in the United States, an 8- to 10-year-old spends almost 8 hours a day in front of a screen.
See below the 10 commandments of the tech experts to achieve this:
- Establish clear rules and limits for children’s use of technology. As father and mother, you are the boss.
- Detail allowed and prohibited timetables.
- Determine which computers, tablets and smartphones should be used in the common area of use of the house, not the closed room.
- Parents must set an example, following the established rules and limits.
- Differentiate the time of familiar coexistence, to do the school duties, the healthy recreation and the rest.
- Encourage and participate in physical activities and outdoors with the children.
- Promote sincere and frequent dialogue with your children to be within their lives.
- Talk about the importance of privacy and explain that you should never share personal data, documents or revealing photos of yourself on the internet.
- Be aware of the signs of risks and characteristics of improper, exaggerated or unhealthy use of the computer, smartphone and other technologies.
- Use up-to-date filters and online security systems, such as blockers of prohibited or unsafe messages for children and adolescents.
- 3 Best Antivirus Application For Android
- 3 Best Educational Application For Kids
- Restrict Kids to Download Apps From Google Play Store
- Apps For Kids
- Google will teach your kids about animal sounds
With these, experts recommend parents to make use of advanced tools such as parental monitoring app. Using the app, parents can apply most of the above given commandments. There are many apps available under this category but the one most preferred is FamilyTime. With this app in hand, parents can not only establish rule and timetables but can also implement them digitally without any hassle.
Not only this, FamilyTime app allows parents to monitor digital use of their kids while being able to snub what they find inappropriate for them with features such as app blocker, safe search, internet filters and much more. Do you wish to have a look at the app in detail? Why not give it a try for free? With the trial of the app, you get access to all premium features of FamilyTime for complete 3 days which means you can see how does the app help you without spending a penny on it. Isn’t it great? It certainly is.