Have you ever experienced any
Most Common Error Messages :
- No Connection.
- 500 Internal Server Error.
- Error Loading. Tap to retry.
- Please check your network connection (Retry).
Every problem has their solutions. So, check out these simple steps to fix the error. Since, YouTube can be played in mobile using two ways, using YouTube app and Mobile web we will be discussing about the most common errors in both and ways to fix them.
Note: This fixes are for both Android and IOS Devices.
Let’s have a look on some of the common error message that can be found while using YouTube app.
- No Connection
- Please check your network connection.
- There is no network connection right now. Please try again later.
If you are using the youtube app on your device please follow the instructions below to solve the error.
For Android, iPhone & iPad
- Connect to the internet service i.e. WI-FI, LTE, or 3G.
- Make sure your device isn’t on airplane mode.
- Try viewing video on a different device.
- Make sure you always use the latest version of the app.
- Restart the app.
- Make sure data usage is enabled for YouTube.
- Update your operating system.
Let’s have a look on some of the common error message that can be encountered while using YouTube through Mobile Web.
- Oops! Something went wrong.
- An error occurred while performing this operation.
If you are using Mobile Web through your device please follow the instruction below to solve such errors.
For Android, iPhone and iPad
- Refresh the page.
- Make sure you are connected to the internet.
- Restart your browser app.
- Restart your device.
- Try using different device.
- Avoid using more tabs.