While most of the latest android devices are already getting their KitKat updates, older devices like the Samsung Galaxy S2 is still stuck with the good old Jellybean. Even Cyanogenmod is slow this time in bringing the KitKat update to the S2 or i9100. Well, there is nothing wrong with Jellybean 4.2.2 but the features of the latest Android updates are really tempting and everyone wants a taste of the KitKat 4.4. If you guys are waiting for CM 11 for Galaxy S2 it looks like it will take a while but there is another custom ROM-NeatROM V2.4.1 which offers a close to stable version of the latest KitKat i.e Android 4.4.2 for your Galaxy S2 i9100. The NeatROM is the work of XDA developers’ member __Sale__.
NeatROM v2.4.1 is reportedly fast, stable and delivers a smooth user experience with the device. As the ROM is based on the original Android Open Source Project (AOSP) release, it requires ClockworkMod recovery for installation along with Google apps package.
Note: Your Galaxy S2 must be rooted and have Clockwork Recovery V126.96.36.199 or install CM 10.2 which comes with the recovery. Also, perform the installation following every step carefully at your own risk.
- Download and install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy S2
- Download NeatRom v2.4.1.
- Download GAPPS for Android KitKat
- Clockworkmod Recovery for Android 4.4 Kitkat
Before we proceed put all these downloaded NeatRom, GAPPS and CM 10.2 or CWM recovery zip files inside your device’s internal SDcard storage. Turn off your device and boot into recovery- Press and hold Volume Up+ Home +Power buttons, until the Galaxy S2 logo appears on screen. Once you enter recovery mode use the volume up down keys to navigate through the menu and press power button to make a selection.
Here is how you can install the Android Kitkat 4.4.2 on Galaxy S2 I9100 with NeatROM via CMW
- Perform a Nandroid Backup from the “Backup and restore” option (optional but recommended)
- Go back and Select Wipe Data/Factorty reset
- Go to Advanced >> Select “Wipe Dalvik Cache”
- Go to Mounts and storafe >> Select “Format system”>> “Format Preload”
- Go back and select “Install Zip from SD Card”>> Select the zip file of CMW recovery for Kitkat
(Alternatively, you can Flash CM 10.2 zip and then boot into recovery>> wipe data and proceed)
- Now reboot recovery
- Flash NeatRom 2.4.1 via Install zip from SDS card
- Flash GAPPS for Android 4.4 Kitkat via Install zip from SD Card
- Select “+++++Go Back+++++” and “Reboot System now”
Note: In case you are stuck in a bootloop, boot into recovery and Wipe Dalvik Cache. If that doesn’t work, flash the NeatROM again.
Source: XDA member _Sale_
I’ve installed and used that ROM It’s best at it is.
Now I’ve go a problem during reverse tethering.I followed steps of http://www.wikihow.com/Reverse-Tether-an-Android-Phone .
But after rebooting phone is showing only boot animation not actually booting.Any solution to recover this problem.Thanks in Advance.