Your Android is cramming up with lots of unwanted SMS and you’ve decided to finally clear them. Now you head to your SMS app and delete selected SMSs one by one or delete them all for ease. Then, you suddenly realize that there were some important SMSs there. Well, don’t panic because there is still hope. There are many apps and tools that you can use to retrieve lost text messages from your android. Before you do that let’s be prepared if something happens later. Install SMS Backup and Restore and make a habit of backing up your most important messages.
These applications are available in free to download versions but carry a limited trial period and may require root privilege. You’ll have to install the recovery app in your computer and then connect your android via USB so that the application can scan and retrieve lost text messages.
Recover lost (deleted) text messages from your Android device (phone or tablet)
- Download and install Wondershare Dr.Phone for Android: Excellent interface recovers messages, contacts, photos, video, audio and documents on/from an Android phone or tablet.
- Open the program on your PC.
- Enable USB debugging on your Android.
- Now connect your Android phone or tablet to your computer via USB.
- Begin scanning “Messaging” files on your Android device’s memory via Dr.Phone on your PC or Mac. Note: You can select any type of file you want to recover from the list.
- Now the program should show you a list of recovered text messages. Select the messages you want to recover and click “Recover” button.
Note: It is very important that you begin recover as fast as possible because the data should still be in that memory location as long as it is not overwritten by other files.
Here are two more programs you can use on your PC for
- Coolmuster Android SMS+Contacts: Exclusively recovers text messages and contacts.
- Android Data Recovery: Recovers almost all types for deleted file formats- SMS, Contacts, Photos, Video and More
I hope that worked for you and you’ve successfully recovered all your lost SMS/text messages. There are also many recovery apps in the Google Play store which promises to retrieve your text messages right from your Android device. But, sadly I haven’t found a stable app for SMS recovery. Hope one comes out very soon.