“Unfortunately, Google Play services has stopped” is one of the common error in Android. Many users are facing this error. If you are also one among them who is suffering from this problem and haven’t found solution yet then you have come to the right place. In this tutorial, you will get to know How to Fix “Unfortunately, Google Play services has stopped” Error in Android? Before going to main solution try basic solution, it may solve you issue.
Re-start your device: Sometime just by re-starting your device can solve the issue. So, why not try this once. To re-start your device:
-Unlock the screen of the devices.
• Press and hold the “Power” button until a menu appears.
• Select “Power off“.
• Wait for the device to power off.
• Wait 10 seconds, then press and hold the “Power” button to power the device back ON.
• After that, see whether it fixes your issue or not.
Fix “Unfortunately, Google Play services has stopped” Error in Android?
Method 1: Clear the Cache and Data
- Go to Setting >> Go to Application Setting (In some devices application setting is named as Apps).
- Go to, All the apps > >Find the Google Play Store >> Clear Cache and Data
- Once you have cleared everything. Next you need to Force Stop the application.
- Similarly, Find the Google Play Service >> Clear Cache and Data
- Also, you need to Force Stop the application.
- Now, Find the Google Services Framework >> Clear Cache and Data
- Now, Restart your device,
This method should fix your error. If you are still getting the error then follow the next method.
Method 2: Uninstall Google Play Services
There are chances that the current Version of Google Play Service may have Compatibility Issues. So in this case, you need to Uninstall Google Play Service which turns to factory version. Just follow the steps given below:
- .Go to Setting>> Go to Application Setting (In some devices application setting is named as apps).
- Go to, All the apps > >Find the Google Play Service >> Click on Uninstall
- Now Restart your device and see if this fixes your issue.
This method has worked most of the time and it should also work for you. Just in case, this doesn’t work then download updated version of Google Play Services apk file from browser as mentioned below.
Method 3: Update Google Play Services
Many of the time outdated version of Google Play Service is found to be the reason behind this errors. It has also found that sometimes the current version of Google Play Service may not be compatible with the OS of the phone. So, you better download the latest version of Google Play Services. Some of the website to download the apk file are apkmirror, apkhere, AndroidDrawer or you can simply click on the link given below:
[quote bcolor=”blue” arrow=”yes”] APK Releases || APK PORTAL [/quote]
Alternative Methods to Fix the Error:
Method 4: Reset App Preference
- Go to Setting>> Go to Application Setting (In some devices application setting is named as Apps).
- Go to, All the Apps > >Click on Menu Key/button [In some device you can even see three dots on the top right corner of the screen- click on it]
- You will see different option >> Tap on “Reset app preferences”
- A dialogue box will appear >> Read the content and Click on RESET APPS
- Now Restart your device and check if it fixes your error.
Method 5: Remove and Add Google Account
- Go to Setting >> Accounts >> Google
- Remove all your Google accounts
- Go back to Google play store and Sign–in your account information
- Accept all the Google terms and setup Google settings then Run Google Play Store and see if it fixes your error or not.
If you are able to fix the error then the job is done otherwise head to below method.
Method 6: Factory Reset your Device
If none of the above methods worked for you then you just got one way to solve the issue. Factory Reset you device should fix your issue.
[quote bcolor=”green” arrow=”yes”]How to Factory Reset your Android Device [/quote]
Method 7: For Custom ROM users
If you are using custom ROM like Cyanogenmod, SlimROM etc and facing some errors whether it is “Unfortunately, Google Play services has stopped” Error or any other than you should know either it is because of compatibility issue or the ROM has not been installed properly. So, it is better you reflash the operating system along with compatible GAPPs (Google Applications) package. If you are still getting the error, try flashing different ROM.
So, these are some of the solution to Fix “Unfortunately, Google Play services has stopped” Error in Android. Hopefully, you have fixed the error by now. Let us know which method worked for you.
I loved this post i ready your blog fairly often and you’re always coming out with
some great stuff. i shared this on my facebook and my followers
loved it! keep up the good work. 🙂
I can’t unlock the phone due to a regional phone manager stopped working message
so we can’t go anywhere inside the phone’s system to fix the problem
I had faced this issue and I had fix this in two different ways. A first time, I simply uninstall and reinstall the google play service and it worked fine for me.
In the second time, I cleared Google service cache and it worked.
RESET APP PREFERENCES! Problem Solved! I have been going crazy for over a month now just trying to fix this ‘nothing download or updates in Play Store’ issue…. THANK YOU SO MUCH for SOLVING it for me! You are the only place that even mentioned this as a possible solution! Thank you!
The simplest solution most of the Android users try is to factory reset their device. Even though the reset takes no more than five minutes, but it will remove all your stored important data as well as personalization you have made to your device.
Every Android app stores some part of data and files on your Android device for later usages like images, formatting, and other relevant files. These cached data saves time and processing power when you reopen the app later because all of the cached data are served quickly.
Sometimes these cached data are corrupted that causes certain apps to stop unexpectedly. But good thing is that we can easily clear cache data with just a tap on the button.