Error 944 is one of the Google Play Store error people face while updating the app. This error has found mostly while updating some apps such as YouTube, Facebook Messenger, whats app, shapchat and others gaming app like PUBG. Whether you update the app manually or automatic, Error 944 won’t let you update the app. The Error message that displays on the screen states “Update for ‘App-name’ could not be downloaded due to an error (944)”. Don’t worry you are not alone to get this error message. Here, I will let you know some of the methods which will solve the Error.
Before heading to main method. Try the below step, it may solve you issue.
1. Re-start your device: Sometime just by re-starting your device can solve the issue. So, why not try this once. To re-start your device:
• Unlock the screen of the devices.
• Press and hold the “Power” button until a menu appears.
• Select“Power off“.
• Wait for the device to power off.
• Wait 10 seconds, then press and hold the “Power” button to power the device back ON.
• After that, try to download the app again. It may solve your error problem.
How to Fix Error 944 in Google Play Store
Method 1: Clear Cache and Data
- Go to Setting>> Go to Application Setting (In some devices application setting is named as apps).
- Go to, All the apps > >Find the Google Play Store>> Clear Cache and Data
- Once you have clear everything, Next you need to Force Stop the application.
- Similarly, Find the Google Play Service >> Clear Cache and Data
- Also, Find Google Services Framework>> Clear Cache and data
- Next find Download manager >> Clear Cache and data
- Now, Restart your device and try to download the app.
Clearing Cache and data should fix your issue. if you are still receiving the Error message, continue to the next step.
Method 2: Check your Internet Connection
Many of time it has found that the error 944 is caused due to the problem in Internet. In many cases it has found that the Error is caused due to slow internet connection. So, I would recommend you to check the internet connection first. Make sure your internet connection is working properly and has good speed. You can also try switching your internet connection from WiFi to Mobile Data and vice-versa, Also try restarting the connection (you can also Turn it OFF and then ON) which has worked for many users. If you are still getting the error try other internet connection to download the app.
NOTE: This Error also appears when the Google Play Store servers are offline. So, if you can’t fix the issue with the help of above methods. I would recommend you to wait a little while and try again to update the app. In many cases it has found that the error is fix after couples of hours or even couples of minutes.
So these are some of the method and tip to Fix Error code 944 in Google Play Store. Hope this will help you out. Comment below with your smartphone device model with your experience to solve this error 944.
- Fix: DF-DFERH-01 Google Play Store Error while retrieving information from server
- How to Fix “Check your connection and try again” Error in Google Play Store
- How to Fix Google Play Store Error 103
I was getting this error updating Google Drive, but other apps updated fine. Rebooting didn’t help. Method 1 worked though. Thanks! And I didn’t even have to clear the data from Google Play Services and Google Services Framework. (I cleared their cache, and I cleared the Store and Download Manager data.)