Power users often prefer custom ROMs rather than what manufacturers’ roll out. Most of the time manufacturer’s do not roll out newer versions of Android for older devices which results in users flashing custom ROMs. But, these ROMs could sometimes be unstable and you may encounter bugs and make to go back to a ‘stable’ ROM. Here’s how to downgrade any Xiaomi device.
How to Downgrade any Xiaomi device
- ADB Zip file.
- Fastboot zip file for you device.
Step 1: Enable USSB Debugging
- Go to Settings > About Phone.
- Tap on MIUI Version 7 times till you see a message saying Developer Options has been enabled.
- Go back to Settings > Additional Settings > Developer Tools.
- Enable USB Debugging.
Step 2: Boot into Download Mode
- Unzip the ADB zip file.
- Shift + Right click the unzipped file.
- Click on Open Command Window Here.
- Type in the following commands:
- adb device
- adb reboot edl
- Your device will now reboot into Download mode.
Step 3: Verify if device is being detected
- Click on Start button.
- Right click on Computer or My PC.
- Click on Manage.
- Click on Device Manager.
- You should see Android Phone listed there. Click on it and you should see Xiaomi Compoisite MDB Interface.
- Go to Step 4 if you do not see your device listed on the Device Manager.
Step 4: Make PC/Laptop recognize your device
- Navigate to C:\Windows\System32
- Shift + Right click on it and choose Open Command Window Here.
- Execute following commands:
- exe -set loadoptions ENABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
- exe -set TESTSIGNING OFF
- You should get a success message. If you get a “bcdedit.exe is not recognized as an internal” error, follow the following steps:
- Go to Start > Computer / My PC.
- Right click and click on Properties.
- Go to Advance System Settings
- Click on Advance tab and then on Environment Variables
- Click on Path and enter the following as Value: C:\\Windows\System32 and save. If you don’t find Path, just click on New and create.
Step 5: Flash the ROM
- Unzip the fastboot zip file.
- Unzip and install MiFlash.
- Run MiFlash as administrator.
- Click on Browse, go to the extracted fastboot folder and select Image.
- Click on Browse > Advance.
- Choose flashall.bat in the first line.
- Select Flash All located at the bottom.
- Click on Refresh button located at the top and your device will be recognized.
- Select Flash and wait for about 10 minutes.
Unplug the cable, press and hold the power button for 10-20 seconds till you feel some vibrations. You device will now boot in a new and stable ROM.
[quote bcolor=”#3ea3c1″ arrow=”yes”]
- How to Flash CM13 Nightly on OnePlus 3
- How to Unlock Dead Android Screen
- How to fix Android Nougat WiFi Problem