Android is a nice OS platform for the users, and we don’t need to repeat the fact that it is heavily customizable. It is due to the very same reason that almost every manufacturers who use Android in their smartphones or tablet, edit in their own way. After doing it, they install it in their devices, and name it differently, for example- TouchWiz of Samsung, Sense of HTC, MI of Xiaomi, Emotion of Huawei, and so on. Though this is done mainly for the ease of users, most of the Android users may not like it, since nothing is as beautiful as the Pure and stock Android. Apart from this, the speed at which the stock Android users get the official updates is also attracting the users to buy such devices instead of those having the customized UIs.
Keeping in mind the demands of the users to use pure and stock Android, some manufacturers are producing the Google Play Edition of their flagships, while Google is making a series of smartphones and tablets under the Nexus series, which run on the stock Android. Here, we have created a list of five of such smartphones, which have pure Android OS. We have considered the specifications, performance and the price of the smartphone, while making this list of top stock Android smartphones:
- Google Nexus 6: This one is the best smartphone in the market, having the pure Android. Though targeted mostly for developers and geeks, this is a beast with a 6 inch QHD screen, and the top-notch specs such as Snapdragon 805 chipset, the latest version of Android and a 3200 mAh battery. Having solid builds and awesome cameras with good features, it is available in the market for $650.
- HTC One M8 GPE: This is also one of the best smartphones running on pure android. This phone boasts the Snapdragon 801 Chipset, and has the same hardware as that of the mainstream HTC One M8, but just skips the Sense UI. Some of the users may miss the Sense, but it is worth it if you want to use a smartphone running on pure Android. This smartphone has a 5-inch Full HD display, and is available in the market for about $750 (which is really expensive though).
- Motorola Moto X 2014: This one is the competitor for the Nexus 6, as it was released only some weeks before, and both are manufactured by Motorola. However, it contains somewhat lower hardware such as a 5.2 inch Full HD screen, 13 MP Camera and 4.4 KitKat OS. Though it has some added Moto softwares, it still has the pure version of Android, and is available unlocked for around $550.
- Google Nexus 5: A year old handset manufactured by LG, it still has the high-end specs such as Snapdragon 801 chipset, and comes under the reknowned Nexus series. Not with enough internal memory and battery size, this smartphone is available for around $350 unlocked.
- Motorola Moto G 2014: Though it may come nowhere compared to the specs of the above mentioned devices, still it stands very strong, when we consider the most important part (obviously , the price).The phone is available for around $180, which is a very good price for the hardwares it has such as Snapdragon 400 chipset, 8 MP rear camera and 5-inch HD display.
Do you use the smartphones which run on the pure Android? If you use any of the devices other than listed on the top stock Android smartphones’ list above, or even have an opinion, feel free to leave a comment below.