Build Properties aka “build.prop” is a file in system folder of your phone which defines the A-Z details of your phone, model, brand, android version, etc. You can tweak build.prop to change the way your device behaves. You can boost internet speed, change phone specifications, increase system performance, make almost all apps compatible or trick websites to display a tablet interface. So here’s how to edit Build.prop file. This are only a few things you can do if you edit your build.prop. In this tutorial I am going to teach you how to edit LCD density by editing build.prop. You can follow this tutorial for tweaking almost everything inside the build.prop file. Before we start, note that we need a rooted android device to edit this file.
Changing the LDC density will result like you’ve changed the screen’s resolution. You’ll have the ability to easily read small text or see small images clearly. You can also make things like icons smaller on screen while still making it clear and legible. Here’s how we do it.
1.Using Root Explorer:
Note: download “Spareparts” before you continue. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.droidgram.spareparts
- Open Root Explorer and allow superuser access and you should be at the root partition.
- Scroll down and select “system”
- Select “Mount R/W” button located at the top. Clicking the “r/o” button should change to “r/w”.
- Long press “build.prop” and select “Open in Text Editor”
- Scroll down and find the line “ro.sf.lcd_density=240” and change it to the value like 167, 180, 200, 220.
- Press the “Menu” button on your phone and select “Save Changes”.
- Open Spareparts and make sure you uncheck “Compatibility Mode”.
- Reboot your phone
2.Using ES File Explorer:
- Open ES File Explorer and press your “Menu” button and then select “Settings”
- Scroll down and check “Root Explorer” and select “Yes” for experimental features. Allow superuser access and check “remember”
- Check “Mount File System” and press your back button.
- When in sdcard partition, select the sdcard image in the top left and it should change to home image. You are now at root.
- Scroll down and select “system”.
- Press “build.prop” and select “ES Note Editor”.
- Scroll down and find “ro.sf.lcd_density=240” and change it to a value like 167, 180, 200,220.
- Press “Menu” button on your phone and select “save”
- Open Spareparts and uncheck “Compatibility Mode”
- Reboot your phone.
If you messed up your build.prop, follow the steps below.
In command prompt:
- Adb pull /system/build.prop
- Edit the file and restore the changes
- Save the file
- Adb shell mount –o remount rw /system
- Adb reboot