Xiaomi Mi 5, the latest Android Flagship phone by Xiaomi has caught everyone’s eyes around the world with its specification, design and price. It’s specs are similar to other flagship phones that have just arrived in the market. This phone took 2 years to be completed as the maker has focused a lot on the design and spec. We can actually see a lot of improvement made this time, the back of phone is curved and it is made up of glass which actually seems to be pretty stylish and even it is comfortable to hold. The phone is just 129 gm in term of heaviness so it is easy to carry.
Xiaomi Mi 5 is the first Xiaomi device to have home button which actually is embedded with Fingerprint sensor. The back of the phone is made up of glass which gives the phone a premium look. You will see Volume rocker and Power Button on the right side, Simcard Tray on the left side, USB charging port and dual speaker on the button. IR Blaster and earphone/headphone jack on the top of the phone. The battery is 3000 mAh that is charged by USB Type C and supports quick charge 3.0. 83% of battery is charged in 30 minutes.
If we see display, it is 5.15 inch with IPS LCD screen. It is bright in day light. It has no Micro SD card slot. The normal edition comes with 32/64 GB internal memory and 3 GB of RAM where Pro edition comes with 128 GB internal memory and 4 GB of RAM. It run on latest snapdragon 820 processor, latest Adreno 530 GPU and the version of Android is 6.0 that is Marshmallow.
Talking about camera then, it is quite impressive, the auto focus is faster, it takes the picture quickly and has got dual LED flash. It has also got OIS (Optical Image Stabilization). The primary camera is of 16 MP and the secondary camera is of 4 MP. The interface of the phone is smooth that uses MIUI 7.0.
Some of the specs of Xiaomi Mi 5 :
- Screen Size – 5.15 inches (~73.1% screen-to-body ratio)
- Screen Type -IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Screen Resolution – 1080 x 1920 pixels (~428 ppi pixel density)
- Primary camera – 16 MP, f/2.0, phase detection autofocus, OIS, dual LED flash
- CPU – Dual-core 1.8 GHz Kryo & dual-core 1.6 GHz Kryo – Standart edition
Dual-core 2.15 GHz Kryo & dual-core 1.6 GHz Kryo – other editions
- Features of camera – 1/2.8″ sensor size, 1.12 µm pixel size, geo-tagging, touch focus, face/smile detection, panorama, HDR
- Video – 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30fps, 720p@120fps.
- Secondary camera – 4 MP, f/2.0, 1/3″ sensor size, 2µm pixel size, 1080p@30fps
- Browser supports – HTML5
- Other features are :
– Fast battery charging: 83% in 30 min (Quick Charge 3.0)
– Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
– MP4/DivX/XviD/WMV/H.265 player
– MP3/WAV/eAAC+/FLAC player
– Photo/video editor
– Document viewer and many more.
Xiaomi is one of the best and highly used phone is China as the maker is also said to be one of the best in China. This time they manage to take their phone Globally and compete with other phone like Apple, Samsung, HTC, Sony and others. It is said that the price of the phone will be low as compared to other device. The phone will be out fist in China then in India, after that only it will be available in other countries.