Rumors were rife that Samsung is planning to bring out a rugged version of Galaxy S4 which would be waterproof and dust-proof. Currently, Sony’s gorgeous line of flagship Xperia devices sport these rugged features. The latest pictures from GSMArena has cleared that Samsung Galaxy S4 Active (GT-I9295) is real and awaiting official release. The Active has an entirely different design from the original Galaxy S4 though internal hardware features are similar. Samsung S4 Active features a sturdy metallic body that is bolted at the four edges at the back and it also has three buttons at the bottom of the screen. Sources from GSMArena also confirmed that the camera of Active is only 8 Megapixels while S4 sports a 13 Megapixels camera.
Update: Galaxy S4 active went official on June 10th, 2013. Here is the detailed specs Galaxy S4 Active:
- Android 4.2.2 Jellybean
- Processor: A Qualcomm snapdragon 600 Quad Core 1.9 GHz processor with Adreno 320 GPU
- Ram: 2GB
- Screen: 5″ with 1080p and 480ppi
- Camera: 8 Mexapixels back and 2 Megapixels Front. HD recording @ 1080p
- Connectivity: LTE,NFC,Wi-fi, Bluetooth 4.0
- Waterproof upto 3.3 feet, shock proof, dust proof and functions on extremely high/low temp for limited period
- “Aqua mode” for taking better pictures under water and “Glove touch” which enables operating the touchscreen with gloves on
- Supports all other standard Galaxy S4 features such as Air gestures, Air view and Smart stay.
Galaxy S4 Active leaked images from GSMArena:
Galaxy S4 images:
Official pictures of Galaxy S4 Active