Google unveiled AR stickers alongside the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL. You can drop these stickers into your photos and watch it come alive due to Google’s new ARCore platform. There was no news about when it’ll be available for consumers after the event, but we’re happy to tell you that it is finally here. Google announced these stickers will be available for all the Pixels (both generation 1 and 2) running Android Oreo 8.1. If you want to know how to use these stickers, this is the right place. Here’s how to use AR stickers.
How to use AR stickers
To use these stickers, you need to own any of the Pixel devices since the camera on these devices are factory calibrated for AR so you’ll get the best experience. And update your device to Android Oreo 8.1 before reading any further. After you’ve updated your device to Oreo. You’ll automatically receive an update on the Google Play Store that enables the AR stickers. To use AR stickers, follow the steps below;
- Open the Camera app.
- Slide the hidden menu on the left side of the screen.
- Tap on AR Stickers.
- Now, point the camera to a flat surface. You may be asked to move your camera in a circular motion to make the AR stickers appear in the right spot.
- After the device completes mapping, you can start using the stickers.
- If the sticker does not appear, you’ll see a ring of spinning dots on the camera. Try again.
- You can take photos or videos with the stickers, but autofocus and tap-to-focus will not work.
You can reposition any sticker by dragging it to another area. You can resize them using traditional pinch-to-zoom gesture. To remove a sticker, tap on it and then tap on the trash icon located at the top right. To delete every sticker, tap on the trash icon without selecting any particular sticker.
For now, there is only a few sticker pack available. They also have the Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi pack, where you can battle Storm Troopers, play with Porgs and move around with R2D2, among others.
[quote bcolor=”#3ea3c1″ arrow=”yes”]
- How to disable touch sound in Android?
- Do More With Quick Tiles
- How to turn movie discs into digital copies?